• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any news from Washington from ASA/alpa?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, just as we thought. Management comes to the table with NO significant change to their positions, and all told, brings a 1 % increase!!! How did they convince the NMB that they should bother to schedule these sessions. I'll tell you why, the NMB is siding with management and thinks we are out of line in our requests. Just watch, if the company makes no movement today, and we do not get a release despite our many moves towards management. The writing will be on the wall, and these sessions will be parked until sometime this fall!

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty clear in the update that scope is still an issue on the table. In fact, it even went on to say that due to management's inability to address our needs we are seeking alternative methods to protect our jobs. I wonder what that could be. One list maybe? Also, they are sticking to their mantra of "no pilot left behind" by seeking pay raises for everyone. Not only that but it appears the MEC has finally convinced these clowns that there is no deal without retro/signing bonus. Negotiations were still ongoing after 10:30pm? Sheesh, I was in bed before then.

High 5 to our MEC and CNC.

I agree with you that they deserve credit for pursuing scope, but "no pilot left behind" is what will keep us in negotiations in perpetuity.

Well, just as we thought. Management comes to the table with NO significant change to their positions, and all told, brings a 1 % increase!!! How did they convince the NMB that they should bother to schedule these sessions. I'll tell you why, the NMB is siding with management and thinks we are out of line in our requests. Just watch, if the company makes no movement today, and we do not get a release despite our many moves towards management. The writing will be on the wall, and these sessions will be parked until sometime this fall!

How would you know that?

I don't know. I'm saying if management gets away with only coming up 1% on 200/ATR and no cola increases or scope ---- AND ---- we do not get released, then it is obvious that the NMB is siding with managements side. If we get released, then obviously the NMB sides with ALPA.

Allllllright, how 'bout this:

Leave the 1% on the table. Get some, if not all, retro. However, get IRON-clad scope and realistic COLAs. No scope and no COLAs would be two separate, but very bad things for this pilot group.

The problem is, the membership has told the CNC that they want industry leading pay, the work rules and QOL improvements, full retro, Skywest bonus plan, and iron clad scope. So, that is what they are fighting for. It's going to be really hard to get anything, when you are asking for everything. We'll see what happens today. I don't think many of us were expecting anything to come from this anyway.......

The problem is, the membership has told the CNC that they want industry leading pay, the work rules and QOL improvements, full retro, Skywest bonus plan, and iron clad scope. So, that is what they are fighting for. It's going to be really hard to get anything, when you are asking for everything. We'll see what happens today. I don't think many of us were expecting anything to come from this anyway.......

The problem is the MEC didn't manage the pilot's expectations and educate the pilot group as to what is attainable. Your right about what the pilot group says they "want", but there is a difference between "wants" and "needs", and the MEC should understand this.....

Just got this in the email. Glad to hear they still think we need raises on the -700 :rolleyes: Sounds like same song as last time.

Let's hear it for contract 2010!

Your absolutely correct JP. I want a big raise on the 700 just as much as anyone, but I have also accepted the new reality of the 700 rates. Anyone seen what the Delta pilots are willing to fly 100 seaters for in the left seat? Less than we currently fly the 700 for...... If another regional agreed to the same rates Delta agreed to, they would be attacked for "undercutting to get growth".... they get a pass because they are "real" pilots.....

The problem is the MEC didn't manage the pilot's expectations and educate the pilot group as to what is attainable. Your right about what the pilot group says they "want", but there is a difference between "wants" and "needs", and the MEC should understand this.....

Bingo!

They said it was all about QOL when the economy was bad. ALPA drug their feet until it improved. Then it did, we secured QOL, and ALPA convinced the pilots they "needed" money and 100% retro to put pressure on the company. Now they have raised the pilot group's expectations so high that no TA will achieve a vote over 70%.

However, I see recalls coming if it doesn't get settled soon, one way or the other.

I thought it was pretty clear in the update that scope is still an issue on the table. In fact, it even went on to say that due to management's inability to address our needs we are seeking alternative methods to protect our jobs. I wonder what that could be. One list maybe? Also, they are sticking to their mantra of "no pilot left behind" by seeking pay raises for everyone. Not only that but it appears the MEC has finally convinced these clowns that there is no deal without retro/signing bonus. Negotiations were still ongoing after 10:30pm? Sheesh, I was in bed before then.

High 5 to our MEC and CNC.

Some of the instructors have already "been left behind", and even if we get what we are asking for on the 700, it isn't much of a raise for the senior pilots.... they will be left behind also.... "no pilot left behind" was a campaign slogan that has already been broken.... but it made a good sound bite didn't it....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back