Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

any new rumors of furloughs at any of the fracs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would like to see data on the percentage of Republicans that have a college degree compared to the number of Democrats that have one.

I would like to see data on the percentage of Republicans that have a college degree compared to the number of Democrats that have one.
Not sure about the percentages for a degree, but here are a few stats that might give you an idea....

Professor Joseph Olson of Hemline University School of Law, St. Paul , Minnesota , points out some interesting facts concerning the Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Democrats: 19 Republicans: 29

• Square miles of land won by: Democrats: 580,000 Republicans: 2,427,000
  • Population of counties won by: Democrats: 127 million Republicans: 143 million
  • <LI class=MsoNormal>Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:
  • Democrats: 13.2 Republicans: 2.1
Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Republicans won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country. Democrat territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegals and they vote, then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Republicans won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country. Democrat territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Abject nonsense.

It sounds like the professor's politics tainted his study a little:rolleyes:

I've heard "professors" go on in full detail on how 9/11 was an inside job.

You can see my point here

Enjoy...

There is a difference between whining and pleading.

Republicans, who claim to be the moral poilice of America, who are believers in faith should be sympathetic to a person in need. Perhaps the Repuclicans are actually more concerned with lining their pockest with oil (gold), and playing with little boys in bathroom stalls?

"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the Earth."

Fisch, she was already living in her car, why couldn't she drive to a city where she could get a job? Answer: Easier to whine on national tv and get a free house to live in. How will she support that? Should the government pay for her bills too? For a time to help her out, yes. But I bet she is in the same spot in a year looking for another hand out. Spoke with a Hilton manager about a janitorial job they had posted and he said you wouldn't believe the people that walk through the door looking for a job. America is turning into a lazy bunch. Please tell us why that should be rewarded?

Abject nonsense.

It sounds like the professor's politics tainted his study a little:rolleyes:

It's the Republican message of the week. Bailout Wall Street. That's fine and to be encouraged. (privatize all the profits, socialize all the losses).

But, don't help the middle class American homeowner. Doesn't seem to matter that the bailout percentage gives virtually nothing to the individual when you weigh in the ratio of corporate benefit versus individual benefit from a gross monetary scale.

All that matters is that someone else continues to do the thinking for somebody else. We let this happen people. WTF up. Think for yourselves. Despite what the various spin machines would like you to think it's not a question of repubs versus dems anymore.

OneBigAssMistake,America.....

Sitting in the lobby of my hotel the other day waiting for the van, I couldn't help but hear the conversation coming from a couple of 400 pound southern folks. Quote "I can't wait ta get me my check from obama...I can finally get dem rims fo my cady". Now I'm happy she is doing her part to spend and get the economy going, but 2 minutes later she had her 5 kids come out of the elevator looking like they had just crawled out from under a freeway overpass. Absolutely pathetic that she was gonna put rims on a car she more than likely couldn't afford, much less put clothes on her half naked children.

Sure feels good knowing that the welfare system is alive and doing good for folks who really need nice rims.....:angryfire

Amen, brother!

Aboriginies

Not sure I have the spelling correct, but my Australian friend recounted his experience when the do-gooders decided to "help" the aboriginies. They spent millions of dollars on housing for these "poor" people. That housing has disappeared. The aboriginies pulled it apart for firewood. This is the standard for public anything. Too many people living off others. Go make your own freaking money and stop living above your means. I spoke to someone recently who said he "doesn't know what he's gonna do.................." IE had aviation job.. lost aviation job... only applying to only aviation jobs. Now desperate and screeching "Where is my jobbbb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" HELLO! Non existent. People need to apply for other jobs until times get better. Things will come around!

I do, and they don't pay taxes. To send tax rebates to someone NOT paying taxes is WELFARE. Call it what you like but it's my $$$$ going to someone not paying $$$$. Yours too, capt dad.

Damn. How do I get a job like that? Last time I checked a good chunk of my paycheck went to taxes and I didnt even make 30k last year.

You are right. Bush ignored it. Way to go Republicans.

First of all you're trying to blame something on Republicans that was implemented by BOTH parties in 1999, and Glass-Steagall wasn't enforced years before 1999. That's like the FO saying the Captain caused the accident even though he/she was there and could have easily prevented it. This blaming is simply moronic!

Second...The White House and Greenspan, on several occations in 2003 and 2004, warned of the housing bubble and sub-prime lending. Let me ask you this...Why was a republican asking for more regulation and larger government? The answer lies with my previous statement: they were worried, but Barney Frank wasn't because he was in bed (literally and figuratively) with your man Herb Moses at the Fannie Mae. No one, dem or rep, did anything short of a speech to prevent this.

Whatever your political persuasion you need to know that the government is never the answer. They have consistently failed the people yet you lemmings are looking to them to save you.

OBAMA IS NOT OUR SAVIOR!!!! BUSH WASN'T OUR SAVIOR!!!!

Look in the mirror and you'll find the answer to your problems and American's problems.

Our problems were our own doing, not that of Bush, Clinton, Greenspan or Frank. The only thing I fault them for is not spanking us when we got out of line. They just led us on the same paths of greed, envy, and entitlement until good ol' fashion capitalism swooped down and kick our a$$es straight.

When are you people going start doing something for yourself? Because the sooner we stop looking at government for the answer the sooner we'll get out of this freakin' mess.

Latest resources

Back