• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any new hires at Empire?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of the flying is M-F or Monday night through Sat. morning. A few runs are Mon-Thurs. Not a lot of weekend flying unless they need an airplane moved. It's probably not too hard to get the Spokane base as an F.O., but good luck getting it as a Captain. Once you have a base, it is pretty easy to keep because of the way that the bid system works.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I assume that the M-Th runs generally go to the senior folks. What kind of runs do they have in Spokane?

Both of the Spokane runs are really short. One goes GEG-YKM-GEG and the other goes GEG-PSC-GEG. You basically fly to the outstation and hang out all day and then fly back to Spokane in the evening. Pretty easy life, but if you want to build flight time, the Seattle base is the place to be-cool flying and you'll get about 60+hours a month.

I think that it is a Mon night through Sat morning run departing RAP at 6:40 pm for FSD, then departing FSD at 6:27am the following morning. I think right now there is a rather senior captain and a new captain out there and the F.O. may be upgrading pretty soon, so there will probably be a F.O. slot open out there before too long.

Are the Spokane runs M-Th then? I don't necessarily want to build time, but I just want to go back to Spokane.

One of the Spokane runs is a 4 day run and the other is a 5 day run. Spokane crews also get utilized a lot in moving aircraft around. If I were you, I would definately apply. Looking at your profile it looks like you have the kind of qualifications that they are looking for. There are also several caravan runs in Spokane too.

I did apply. Talked to all the powers that be....and they basically said that since I am not currently in WA, they will look at the locals first. Not the first time that as a Californian I am discriminated against...I guess most folks don't like us:) Its all good! But seriously, they said they prefer locals. I'm in New Mexico now and eventually will end up in WA. Hopefully I can get on with them in the future. Thanks for all the info.

I definately would not give up- just keep sending them your updated resume monthly and always follow up with a phone call. Sometimes it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.

Where do you guys layover in Vancouver B.C. I guess it would actually be Richmond but you know what I mean. I'm just looking for alternatives.

Thanks.

Latest resources

Back