• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any new hires at Empire?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The shuffleboard game is up and running now at the Sandbar...Thunderworm and I got beat by a couple who I'm pretty sure the dude wanted us to "pleasure" his wife while he watched. We declined.

fokkers&beer said:
No, all runs are round robin. Leave at 9am, home at 4pm................

And monkeys may fly out of my butt.

Seriously, alot of the 121 stuff is night work, and the negative lottery is the YVR-OAK run.

I see alot of negative stuff about that YVR-OAK run.... Care to provide us with info on how bad it is?

Also, how do the schedules work? Is it like a weekends off thing?

Just curious....

To respond on the YVR run, its just a long week. Your body is'nt used to staying up all night, then one week you have to. Its alot better in the ATR, but when it was an F27 run it was typically 7-7.5 hours of block a night, and about a 14 hour duty day, not factoring the ride to customs, clearing customs, the ride back to the car and the trip to the apartment. The F also has no autopilot, and really bad pressurization. The cabin is typically over 8000 feet. The run is better, but not great in the ATR.

In response to ATR Capt. We did'nt hit the sandbar last night. The FO wanted to eat a TV dinner and go to bed. I think tonight is the magical night. Andrew wants to go out. It should be fun, I want to see the FO throw up, or pass out.

I think making the F/O vomit is a morale imperitive. If ever there was a dude in need of a drunken bender it him.

Puking at the Sandbar is a rite of passage and for those who do, it should be worn like a badge of honor. ATRCAPT: it looks like we are not doing the weekend together...I think you should swap with E.W. so we can jam. I've down loaded a ton of John Denver tab so I'm ready to shred!

I don't know $hit about Empire, but it sounds like the most fun a guy could have flying-or at least a good group of guys.

Ted Striker said:
I don't know $hit about Empire, but it sounds like the most fun a guy could have flying-or at least a good group of guys.

I've noticed the same thing, corruption of newbies is a long lost art....glad to see it is alive and well at Empire!

:D

As far as the YVR-OAK run goes, it is a LOT easier in the ATR, as long as there is not significant ice along the route. The ATR is a lot quiter up front than the "F", and is about 25kts faster. Conbine that with the autopilot, it's a great deal. Last week we were getting about 6-6.3 hours of block per night. When you have a small headwind, 25 kts faster seems to help out a lot. It's also a lot easier to commute with the YVR run.

Last edited:
Any weekend flying or is it all M-F stuff? How hard is it to live get Spokane as a base and can you keep it?

Latest resources

Back