• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any New Hires at Atlas Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When are the next two classes and have they been filled?

Next interviews?

If hired can a pilot wait for the -400 or is he force into the classic?

Next class starts on the 17th of May. Do not know what has been filled.

Next interviews this week.

Last question, I have no idea. I would not be surprised, if you don't have any glass, that the offer would be classic or nothing.

You are dead on about Very high time getting hired today. Just got out of class with a similar operation and everbody in the the had LOTS of heavy iron time. The best part No regional guys are getting hired.

Dead on bro! Those regional pilots are just scum of the earth and total crap. Like we had a f^cking choice.

Dead on bro! Those regional pilots are just scum of the earth and total crap. Like we had a f^cking choice.

You obviously don't know anything about working for a non-sched/ACMI operator. I love it when new hire Regional guys come thru my office. They think they own the world- they are a hot******************** RJ captain after all. That usually lasts until the middle of their first trip. Then they realize that they are a very small fish in a giant ocean. It is a very humbling experience.

Don't get me wrong. I came from the regional world too. You will realize however, that going from say DEN-STL 3 times a day really isn't being a airline pilot.

You obviously don't know anything about working for a non-sched/ACMI operator. I love it when new hire Regional guys come thru my office. They think they own the world- they are a hot******************** RJ captain after all. That usually lasts until the middle of their first trip. Then they realize that they are a very small fish in a giant ocean. It is a very humbling experience.

Don't get me wrong. I came from the regional world too. You will realize however, that going from say DEN-STL 3 times a day really isn't being a airline pilot.

You obviously forgot where you came from! What is your point? Just because I wasn't given the opportunity to fly something further and heavier than you I am a second class pilot? I am just damned because I fly a plane I really don't wanna fly? Like a had a f^cking choice! So how do you call the 9 drivers that fly in and out of MEM, DTW etc. Are they REAL pilots? Are you a REAL pilot because you fly a max of two sectors and get a max of two landings done a day? What makes you so special? Why were you allowed into the heavy club? You obviously flew RJs at a point, too.

You obviously don't know anything about working for a non-sched/ACMI operator.

Correct. I don't. Did you, when you came from the regionals? Have you flown contract on the other side of the Atlantic? What qualifies you over me at the time you got hired into a heavy? BA, LH, Cathay, EK, UAL etc. at a point hired RJ guys/ab initio into heavies. Now all of a sudden I am not good enough, eh? That makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:

Wouldn't you just love to spend 20 plus days on the road with this ******************************...

I would argue that 6 approaches/landings a day 4 days a week makes one more of a pilot than some guy doing 1 approach/landing every other day. but hey, what the F*%K do I know, I am just a regional pilot!

I tell you what, the crews from Polar and Atlas that have carried me over the Atlantic were some of the coolest pilots I have run into. There are certainly not the type that start separating pilots into different classes b/c of their work background.

So let me get this straight, you came from the regionals and are doing presumably fine in your current gig, yet others are not able to do so? What a great guy you must be to deal with on the line.

I am just pointing out that flying for a non sched/ACMI is a ballbreaker. Where I work, every new guy that I see that is from a regional thinks he is the bee's knees. It just ain't so. They are always very humbled by their first trip.

And my comment about not being a real pilot was totally taken out of context. Regional guys go from Gate A from city ABC to gate B in city XYZ. Flying for a non sched isn't like that at all- some new guys get freaked out when they have to find a place to park, after landing at a foreign airport and shooting a ILS that they have never flown before. That's all.

The RJ pilots do a great job. No one comes prepared for flying around the world. The food, lack of sleep, and Bars would do anybody in. I don't know who is coming by your office but it sound like you need to leave the RJ pilots alone

Latest resources

Back