Any New Hires at Atlas Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

Like the guy said...1000 jet turbine PIC. Also a jun class planned. I think the conversion factor was 1.3. I think it is a fantastic job.

cliff
GRB

Looks like Atlas dropped the 1000 turbine PIC. This is the first hiring with the new regime.

The rumor is that the VP of Ops was not happy with the overall results of the interviews. Not knocking the interviewees, just the process they and others went thru and the quals of the final result. It was run by bean counters/HR types and he is an ops kind of guy. The Ops people got the remaining resumes after a lot of filtering, maybe that will change.

As many have pointed out here and elsewhere, 1000 turbine PIC eliminated a lot of good and experienced people. There are typed folks out there with a few thousands hours in the classic and -400 that don't have the 1000 PIC. Maybe it was worth a shot, with the market like it is, but and the results may not have been what they wanted.

I'm surprised the window is still open. Good luck!

Last edited:
First Officer Minimum Requirements
2,500 hours total flight time
1,000 hours turbine time
FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certification.
Current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate
FCC Radio License
Legally authorized to work in the USA
Current Passport
Ability to pass a 10-year security background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Glass cockpit experience preferred
Atlas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Atlas to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, or disability, in accordance with federal, state and local laws
©2008 Atlas Air, Inc. All rights reserved

Hi!

There were a LOT of VERY high time, and very experienced guys in the interview groups. LOTS from ATA. I HIGHLY recommend Atlas! Currency did not matter.

cliff
GRB

Hi!

There were a LOT of VERY high time, and very experienced guys in the interview groups. LOTS from ATA. I HIGHLY recommend Atlas! Currency did not matter.

cliff
GRB
You are dead on about Very high time getting hired today. Just got out of class with a similar operation and everbody in the the had LOTS of heavy iron time. The best part No regional guys are getting hired.

Talking to one of the newhires, two are from Evergreen, neither on the LCF, three former ATA, one just out of the USAF, and one retread, returning after a two year break for family. The class is nine and a new instructor will be joining them on Monday.

Latest resources

Back