• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any New Hires at Atlas Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And my comment about not being a real pilot was totally taken out of context. Regional guys go from Gate A from city ABC to gate B in city XYZ. Flying for a non sched isn't like that at all- some new guys get freaked out when they have to find a place to park, after landing at a foreign airport and shooting a ILS that they have never flown before. That's all.

Really... All of us? Hmm... Maybe you should STFU because some of us have been on reserve for 3+ years going all over the place at all hours and still having to go from "Gate A from city ABC to gate B in city XYZ" and then shooting at least 5 approaches into where ever only to get 9 hrs "rest" to be legal to work 16hrs the next day. FU@k U!

And I mean that.

Don't get me wrong. I came from the regional world too. You will realize however, that going from say DEN-STL 3 times a day really isn't being a airline pilot.

So true, as evidenced by the paycheck. The plane being flown isn't real either. For that matter, the people being carried aren't real. So if that thing gets cracked up and people get hurt/killed, fuk'em, they weren't real. No big deal.

We could open this thing way up. I mean, come on. The guy that goes from (insert large U.S. airport here) with (insert legacy airline here) and bids to fly to, say LGW 3-4 times a month isn't being a real airline pilot either. It's so routine and repetitive that all the "realness" simply evaporates away.

Like others have said, get over yourself and remember where you came from. Chances are, you may have been "that" regional guy when you showed up where you work, realized your personality disorder, and now want to take it out on the guys that are JUST LIKE YOU WERE.

Talking to one of the newhires, two are from Evergreen, neither on the LCF, three former ATA, one just out of the USAF, and one retread, returning after a two year break for family. The class is nine and a new instructor will be joining them on Monday.

There are 2 LCF drivers coming to class.

I think there might be more than two when it is over..Now they are putting N491EV out on the line..I am sure they are going to be looking for crews.

Really... All of us? Hmm... Maybe you should STFU because some of us have been on reserve for 3+ years going all over the place at all hours and still having to go from "Gate A from city ABC to gate B in city XYZ" and then shooting at least 5 approaches into where ever only to get 9 hrs "rest" to be legal to work 16hrs the next day. FU@k U!

And I mean that.

Sounds like every commuter for the last 50 years.

You obviously forgot where you came from! What is your point? Just because I wasn't given the opportunity to fly something further and heavier than you I am a second class pilot? I am just damned because I fly a plane I really don't wanna fly? Like a had a f^cking choice! So how do you call the 9 drivers that fly in and out of MEM, DTW etc. Are they REAL pilots? Are you a REAL pilot because you fly a max of two sectors and get a max of two landings done a day? What makes you so special? Why were you allowed into the heavy club? You obviously flew RJs at a point, too.

Correct. I don't. Did you, when you came from the regionals? Have you flown contract on the other side of the Atlantic? What qualifies you over me at the time you got hired into a heavy? BA, LH, Cathay, EK, UAL etc. at a point hired RJ guys/ab initio into heavies. Now all of a sudden I am not good enough, eh? That makes a lot of sense.

Lighten up francis!

some are kind of touchy about ther place in the food chain. no kidding real thread drift take it over to the regional page.

anyway im jumping ship to atlas if i get the chance. i know of 4 other that are on the hook and waiting to bite at the interviews coming up may 10 - 12. good luck all and see ya in mia for the job offers.

Latest resources

Back