• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any new ABX info?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is the empty lot for the new 73 sim. I bet we could trade the 2 DC9 sims in for one 73 sim. The only problem is how are they going to keep all the newly minted 73 captains from jumping ship to SouthWest..........

There's a new Japan Charter page on the flight department web site with info and pictures of the airports, etc. Talked to a mechanic who says that mechanics may be going to Japan as early as May 5th.

Talked to a mechanic who says that mechanics may be going to Japan as early as May 5th.

Maybe they'll get serious about contract negotiations and we'll send some pilots over before the end of the year, too!

Hey they've changed the Pilot Hiring page too. Used to have "Not Hiring" posted on that page; now its gone. Looks like it may be getting updated.

I've heard there will be an on-line application process. Last I heard there was no word on whether we would be accepting applications or not, but that was a month ago.

I still think Hete's waiting to get our new contract in place before any pilot hiring. So the new guys fall under the new retirement program. What do you guys think?

Looks like a big confluence of events coming soon at ABX. ANA, new pilot contract, and pilot hiring (finally!)

I still think Hete's waiting to get our new contract in place before any pilot hiring. So the new guys fall under the new retirement program. What do you guys think?

I think that's a reasonable theory.

From my limited perspective, there's been a lot of uncertainty about staffing this year, ie: DHL pressure to reduce; DC8's how long?; How many DC9's?; ANA a domicile or ILN?

Result is we'll probably be short-staffed everywhere but 9FO's and 8FE's, but I don't think the company minds that.

I've heard about the possibility of a TA by this weekend, we'll see if it passes. Looks like the company is planning on the ANA flying regardless of a TA.

What does everyone think about the 23 days on the road for the ANA flying?

I personally think we are setting a dangerous precedent which might be hard to recover in the future. Unless there is a mechanism in place to ensure that only those who want to do the flying do it and no one is forced into doing it. I know the union is talking about language that prohibits a junior guy from being forced into it two periods in a row, but that still means a ton of time on the road, regardless. I value my time at home above all. I would accept a block like we have currently (17-18 days) but 23 days is too much. My 2 cents.

As far as hiring, anyone out there in the pool? I know there were people hired into the pool way back in '01, I hope they aren't still waiting. Thought maybe they would have an update from HR.

Latest resources

Back