Any new ABX info?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ABXbooger

Haven't heard anything from the Q&A session last week. Any new info floatin' around?

was listening in, heard there was another session today, didn't hear that one, any news?

I hadn't heard anything about another conference call this week. Could it have been a Steward's call or e-board call just for those people?

I did hear that they added some additional meetings in CVG with the company for this week.

Rumored that there will be a super bid out very soon for the 76. Let the “trickle down” begin for the rest of the fleet. We might even have to, dare I say, hire somebody within the year……….

That makes sense. I've heard that the ANA flying will take about 8 crews per airplane so that's 16 crews. That will trickle down to being 32 DC9 F/O's and they say that they're overstaffed by 40. Add a little more for getting caught up in the DC9 Capt and both 767 seats and you've run through all of their stated excess.

new rumor has ABX owning the first IAI 767-300 conversion slots, not sure of the number. came from a groundschool briefing...also a replacement for the DC-9 may be in the works (737) according to some MX guys.

And you guys thought I was crazy...........me too.:pimp:

Quoted 3/25/07
While enjoying a luke warm cup of java at one of the outstations the other day the MX guys said their supervisors were at southwest going through 737 training. Hmmmm. Anyone?

With the demand for our 767-200 freighters it would make sense that they would look at extending it to -300s. Isn't the -300 more efficient on a cost per ton-mile basis?

I like that 737 rumor, it's got my vote! Sure would do a lot to solve our six-years-and-counting stagnation problem. There's plenty of parking lot left next to the admin building!

Latest resources

Back