• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any "Latest & Greatest" About Atlas?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And everything about this industry is concessionary. Back in the 60's, some guy was sitting in that seat flying the same airplane making 20k per month, and that was back when you could buy a brand new corvette for 5k and gas was a 20 cents per gallon. This little pay bump doesn't even cover COLA.

a truer statement hasn't been said! Industry and many other sections of our "middle class" economy... the top is getting more and there rest (middle included) are getting less..

when you guys get 80+ hours of credit in a 17 day month, are you really flying all 80? or is this more based on, like say, 60 or so of actual flying? And how much time do you spend in dead head? and is that business class?

First off, Big Pimpin', when are you running for MEC Chair? No seriously! I have to remind myself of the terrible company I flew for before Atlas and that almost anything would seem better. Its all about perspective I guess.

I flew about 85 hours and was extended three days, so I was out 20 days. So in that respect I earned it. But the pay came because the rig paid 97 hours and the three x-days gave me 12 hours on to of that for 109 hours plus 20 days of per diem. I was gone a lot but the work was far from hard.

I do not think it is concessionary for any Atlas / Polar pilot. It is too new to see the benefits but they are pretty clear when one reads the contract. I am on first year pay and will make almost $10,000 this month.

If you were looking for a UPS / FedEx plus contract, then yes, you would be disappointed. But concessionary, not even close....for either group.

I agree with pimpin. It is concessionary. Mr. "On first year pay and I had a ********************ty job before so this is great." Sure after being kicked in the balls for a while being kicked in the shins seems a lot better but you're still being kicked. Polar lost a lot of important work rules never to be seen again. Let me know how that 10 grand a month spends when your wife leaves you.

I agree with pimpin. It is concessionary. Mr. "On first year pay and I had a ********************ty job before so this is great." Sure after being kicked in the balls for a while being kicked in the shins seems a lot better but you're still being kicked. Polar lost a lot of important work rules never to be seen again. Let me know how that 10 grand a month spends when your wife leaves you.

that's a good point and that's what I'm getting too.... There are many guys making 10K a month working even for bottom feeder Miami 36th street outfits who basically live on the road... but I want a job where I put in my 50-60% of a months calendar and make that...

It's always a bad sign when someone says "The reason I'm liking this job, is my last job was so bad..." a good job is absolute, not relative.

Miami Freight, what sort of work rules are gone? I'm curious... Cause I know people at Evergreen for example who have a 12 hour call out and sit reserve 12 hours on 12 hours off... They are also prohibited from being extended more than 2 days (must be home by the 2nd day,and that ticket is business class).

how is that at Atlas now? Are you at their beckon call? How long ARE the layovers and what is the maximum they can extend you without your consent?

Hope you all didn't take one step forward and two steps back.

So with gateway basing (ie home basing), day 1 and the last day of the bidline is not a travel day from/to home?

I can see this is beginning to devolve into the usual FI.com thrash. All I can tell you is I think this is a good gig and I am enjoying life very much here. Some may not. If it fits you then come on in, the water's fine. If it doesn't that's OK too. Neither of us is wrong, we just look for different things. Flying from Fresno to Oakland to Sacramento three times a week wouldn't be high on my list. On the other hand, randomly wandering the planet with a constantly changing schedule is an adventure...but not if you don't like that sort of thing. I get to do what I like and get paid pretty well for it. Doesn't get much better than that!

It's 17 days, it's concessionary for us Polar guys; but, a slight improvement for Atlas...we could have done much much better imho...

We are all entitled to our own opinions. As more of this rolls out I`m thinking it is concessionary for everyone.

The rig will pay huge and the hourly rates went up significantly. Always room for improvement. The retirement contribution and vacation could be significantly better. The paychecks will tell the story over the next few months.

As far as time off, my lines to bid from were 13-14 days of work. Leaving 17-18 days off next month. That seems pretty good to me.

that's a good point and that's what I'm getting too.... There are many guys making 10K a month working even for bottom feeder Miami 36th street outfits who basically live on the road... but I want a job where I put in my 50-60% of a months calendar and make that...

It's always a bad sign when someone says "The reason I'm liking this job, is my last job was so bad..." a good job is absolute, not relative.

Miami Freight, what sort of work rules are gone? I'm curious... Cause I know people at Evergreen for example who have a 12 hour call out and sit reserve 12 hours on 12 hours off... They are also prohibited from being extended more than 2 days (must be home by the 2nd day,and that ticket is business class).

how is that at Atlas now? Are you at their beckon call? How long ARE the layovers and what is the maximum they can extend you without your consent?

Hope you all didn't take one step forward and two steps back.

I would challenge you to find a company to make that kind of money on first year pay aside from FedEx, UPS, or Southwest. Those MIA freight outfits you speak of must be MIA based UPS pilots.

I would challenge you to find a company to make that kind of money on first year pay aside from FedEx, UPS, or Southwest. Those MIA freight outfits you speak of must be MIA based UPS pilots.

actually sounds very good... hope it works out.

Latest resources

Back