• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any "Latest & Greatest" About Atlas?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think they're looking at farming out training Johnny, like they did on the 767 program. I could be totally wrong though, just what I've heard from the old rumor mill. You know how that goes.

I don't think they'll farm it all out...one of Atlas's "Crown Jewels" is the AF1 training....

I think they're looking at farming out training Johnny, like they did on the 767 program.

Boeing Miami has been/continues to be a cluster. Still renting sims but hopefully we'll have our own 767 instructors soon.

I could see it going either way. The analysts gave management a hard time about placement of the 747-400s as the 747-8 replaces them. I just saw four Atlas 747-400s parked on the overflow ramp in Miami. That is not good, especially considering this is peak season.

At least two of those were headed to Austin to run the formula 1 cars down to Campinas, I believe. I know I picked one of them up there. Perhaps the others were getting some MX done and MELs cleared.

Hey Talon my friend
Most of those Formula 1 cars had suspension designed by my son, he is a engineer for Penske Racing. Wish I could of flown one of those flights.
Sorry I had to brag, I had to get something for 5 years of college $$$$$ and moving him across Pennsylvania countless times.

Greg

Very cool, Greg. I no nothing about the sport but even I can tell those are some high dollar pieces of metal we're hauling!

Jim

For Formula 1 cars, high-dollar is an understatement. Back 10-15 years ago, an F1 steering wheel was $60,000 and a set of four tires was $12,000. The budgets for the teams are astronomical and the performace achieved is just as amazing.

Last edited:
Hey Talon my friend
Most of those Formula 1 cars had suspension designed by my son, he is a engineer for Penske Racing. Wish I could of flown one of those flights.
Sorry I had to brag, I had to get something for 5 years of college $$$$$ and moving him across Pennsylvania countless times.

Greg

GOOD ON YA! Go ahead, brag about your kid!

Latest resources

Back