• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any "Latest & Greatest" About Atlas?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Although, I think he is very business savy, he was former Northwest management which by it's very nature makes him extremely anti-labor.

I'll take JC every day of the week and twice on Sunday over our previous VP of Flt Ops. JC has shown a willingness to at least listen to the concerns of the pilot group.

On a personal note, he took care of a problem for me when I couldn't seem to get any help from anyone else in Purchase.

I'll take JC every day of the week and twice on Sunday over our previous VP of Flt Ops. JC has shown a willingness to at least listen to the concerns of the pilot group.

On a personal note, he took care of a problem for me when I couldn't seem to get any help from anyone else in Purchase.

Yeah, he isn't anything close to the ****************************** level as the other "jc"

All right, reality check. Just where will the training of 400-500 pilots take place? They have enough trouble training 12 pilots every three weeks. So a 52 week year, with a class every three weeks is 17 classes a year. In a perfect world, 204 pilots a year max for the 744. With 39 or so pilots retiring, that makes 160ish. We are also losing one a month to greener pastures. Now down to 150ish. That doesn't even include any medicals, again about one a month.

Now, start thinking about the increase in recurrent training required by the increase in overall numbers and there just isn't enough time in the day to get reccurrent done and new hire training.

Now, with the 767 program, we are still stuck leasing sims, so I think those numbers are even more limited.

I have heard the same story but the numbers don't work.

I think they're looking at farming out training Johnny, like they did on the 767 program. I could be totally wrong though, just what I've heard from the old rumor mill. You know how that goes.

All right, reality check. Just where will the training of 400-500 pilots take place? They have enough trouble training 12 pilots every three weeks. So a 52 week year, with a class every three weeks is 17 classes a year. In a perfect world, 204 pilots a year max for the 744. With 39 or so pilots retiring, that makes 160ish. We are also losing one a month to greener pastures. Now down to 150ish. That doesn't even include any medicals, again about one a month.

Now, start thinking about the increase in recurrent training required by the increase in overall numbers and there just isn't enough time in the day to get reccurrent done and new hire training.

Now, with the 767 program, we are still stuck leasing sims, so I think those numbers are even more limited.

I have heard the same story but the numbers don't work.

All true if one makes the assumption that nothing can possible change with the training department. If Atlas wanted to grow to 1400 or 1500 pilots in one to two years, they could do it. It does seem like a pie in the sky scenario (as does almost every Atlas rumor), but it is certainly attainable.

Atlas Hiring.

Looking for some gouge on the Atlas interview,cked Emerald Coast they had no information.Any recommendations Cape.

Latest resources

Back