• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any "Latest & Greatest" About Atlas?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yada yada yada.... How about we get back to the title of this thread. None of this sniping is of any value to anyone trying to find out info about Atlas hiring.

I haven't flown it yet but word is that it's great to fly...so great in fact with that super wing that it doesn't want to come down. Boards are usually needed. It sips fuel. On the down side the cockpit is has more noise than the -400. That's from the air conditioning sytem and a fix is on the way. More cargo, better fuel economy = happy customers. That's the bottom line!

Last edited:
i hope to fly it one day, parked next to a brand new one at ELLX, a beautiful ship.

New Hire 747 class of 12 on July 23 is the rumor.

Are these guys coming from a pool? There are a lot of furloughed and current 74-4 guys that are also teamsters who could be there with little to no heads-up.

All ya got to do is call. Maybe your EXCO could talk your management into giving preferential calls to the World pilots.

Good luck to all!

PtP

Yes they are coming out of our pool. I'm sure the World guy's would be welcome but everyone must apply and interview then either offered a class or given a pool letter.
I'm pretty sure the EXCO's are talking and aware of the situation.

Are these guys coming from a pool? There are a lot of furloughed and current 74-4 guys that are also teamsters who could be there with little to no heads-up.

All ya got to do is call. Maybe your EXCO could talk your management into giving preferential calls to the World pilots.

Good luck to all!

PtP

As discussed, these guys are from the pool. However, I am sure we would love to have the experience from the World pilots that are interested in coming over when we start interviewing again. I am not sure how involved our union is in the hiring and selection process but I will place a call to my union leadership about it.

As discussed, these guys are from the pool. However, I am sure we would love to have the experience from the World pilots that are interested in coming over when we start interviewing again. I am not sure how involved our union is in the hiring and selection process but I will place a call to my union leadership about it.

Thank you!

I know there will be a lot of appreciative fellow Teamsters pilots.

Hiring is ramping up, and resumes will be accepted soon.
I just met a UPS Pilot. They had been based in both SDF and ANC, and had been jumpseating on Atlas for the last two years. This pilot said that Atlas was THE best flying job.

cliff
GRB

Latest resources

Back