Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WheresRocky

Where's he hidin'?
Anybody have intel on CS? I overheard some CJ pilots talking in a local FBO about some big announcement to be made. I was assuming since NBAA was this week that it would happen there.

Anybody with info plz chime in. Want to send my resume. I meet the requirements but have been flying mostly freight.

WheresRocky said:
Anybody have intel on CS? I overheard some CJ pilots talking in a local FBO about some big announcement to be made. I was assuming since NBAA was this week that it would happen there.

Anybody with info plz chime in. Want to send my resume. I meet the requirements but have been flying mostly freight.

When's the last time management discussed "the big announcement" with pilots prior to announcing it?

Management pilots

miles otoole said:
When's the last time management discussed "the big announcement" with pilots prior to announcing it?

Those pilots were management then? One looked old as dirt, the other was a short mobster-looking chap. Failed to comprehend entire exchange.

How is QOL pay working conditions etc at CS?

QOL at Citation Shares ....

QOL at Citation Shares? ... Kind of contradictory! There is no QOL. Do your job, wear a smile on your face, pretend to be happy, and you'll quickly advance. People are too afraid to say what's really going on. People are leaving faster than other fractionals. Duty times are only held to 91K/135 flights. Position legs -- part 91 legs -- are regularly assigned to be accomplished well beyond any time limit ... because there are none! But, then again ... just get out of the airplane and wear a smile on your face and you'll do well!

Rarely do I hear that Fractional pilots feel underworked... It helps to have the 7/7 or 8/7 or whatever that schedule is - but you probably work pretty hard during your work weeks... I know the Flex guys don't have that type of schedule - that's got to be a lot harder on the system if you don't have time to recooperate...

Qol

JXB said:
QOL at Citation Shares? ... Kind of contradictory! There is no QOL. Do your job, wear a smile on your face, pretend to be happy, and you'll quickly advance. People are too afraid to say what's really going on. People are leaving faster than other fractionals. Duty times are only held to 91K/135 flights. Position legs -- part 91 legs -- are regularly assigned to be accomplished well beyond any time limit ... because there are none! But, then again ... just get out of the airplane and wear a smile on your face and you'll do well!

The way you phrase your comments leads me to believe you work here. If you don't, how could you possibly know about QOL at CS. I work here and haven't had any bad experiances. Could the place be better? Sure, but what place couldn't. Is is hard work? Of course it is, but that is fractional flying. I have never exceeded duty limits on any flight. In six months I have probably only had three 14 hour days. Most are 8-10 and a few 12s. I never have to sit around an FBO waiting for my duty time to end. I have never been pressured to fly a broke airplane. A few are leaving but they are going to career type jobs, SW, JB, Continental, Fedex, UPS, but what person that is 30 to 40 years of age wouldn't. I have had a career at the majors and I plan on staying here for a few years and then retire all together. I like the place and highly recomend it. So if you see me smiling, it's not because If I don't I would lose my job.

Hey JXB if you work at CS you must not understand the meaning of the word NO. If you can add up your duty and flight time, and it exceeds 135 mins you say NO!
If you are going to paint a picture do it right, sorry if your that unhappy with the company maybe its time to get your resume up to date!!
CS has its quirks, but overall I am very happy.

I also work for CS. In the couple of years I've been with the company I've yet been forced to exceed duty time or fly a broken airplane. Like any company that's in such a growth mode, their will be growing pains. I know that the current management teem is doing ever thing they can to better quality of life for the employees here with the budget they have to operate under. Like many pilots here, I also heard their are many good changes coming in the near future. I guess will just have to keep doing our jobs with a smile and wait and see what comes down the road.

Latest resources

Back