• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any info on airtran pilots picketing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't need a weatherman to tell you which way the wind's blowing.

This is the same reason why ATN ALPA will never have a strike vote due to a high percentage of pilots (mostly captains) that will vote "NO" in favor of a strike.

I think you are mistaken here. You must be on the 717 side, listening to the 50XXX numbers talk.

Between the FO's, who make up the majority vote, and the Junior Captains, hell, just the Captains on reserve, there will be no problem passing a strike vote.

Throw in a few more hostages, or maybe another status quo change, or more foot-dragging at Negotiations, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. . . .

Were you at any of the Informational Picketing events?

Ty

Last edited:
I think you are mistaken here. You must be on the 717 side, listening to the 50XXX numbers talk.

Between the FO's, who make up the majority vote, and the Junior Captains, hell, just the Captains on reserve, there will be no problem passing a strike vote.

Throw in a few more hostages, or maybe another status quo change, or more foot-dragging at Negotiations, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. . . .

Were you at any of the Informational Picketing events?

Ty

I have been very impressed by the recent resolve of our pilots. I hope we can can continue this momentum through to the "End Game".

As for me, I am a junior 717 Captain on reserve and I have flown with many of the furloughed FOs, so I think you know where I stand on the issues. My schedule has not permitted me to attend our Union Picketing events.

Prove it. Captains NOT flying the right seat is why the furlough guys got recalled quickly.

Hate to say it my Gator friend, it is happening - mostly by top 100 seniority guys that couldn't give a crap about the pilot group as a whole, just care about the green.

Catfish is a junior CA, as am I, I was lucky, and proud, to be able to be out there the other day. We DO need to start calling these ******************************bags out, otherwise it will continue.

Latest resources

Back