• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any good news................?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please read my post. I said "If they can do the job". If they cannot, then it is time to go on to greener pastures.
I'm well under 60, currently displaced, and close enough to the top that I would be employed by Flex if all the over 60 guys left, but I feel that kicking them to the street because you hit a certain age would be wrong on so many counts.

Hung

Please read my post: I said what about the ones that cant do there job? What do you do with them?

I guess I will play the game,,,,

Please read my post. I then said "it is time to go on to greener pastures".

Not my pay grade to figure out the way. That what we have stellar management for.

Hung

Did you guys ever see Logan's Run? Good movie.

Fortunately, my palm won't start blinking for at least a few more years....

Did you guys ever see Logan's Run? Good movie.

"NO! Don't go in there! You don't have to die! No one has to die at 30! You could live! LIVE! Live, and grow old! I've seen it!"

"Life clocks are a lie! Carousel is a lie! THERE IS NO RENEWAL!"

-- great flick!!!

As for "Good News?" Nope, nothing to report this week... check back in a month... ;-)

Cant say i agree with the 60yrs than the boot thing or 65 for that matter. but I would like to see some companies institute an "over 60 company medical". to many guys get a handshake medical just because they have known each other for years. If you can pass the company medical at 60 70 80.... than god bless you have earned it. but if the mere thought of this thread worries you than.... Well...

You'll see. You get to a certain stage and 60 minutes before hitting age 60 is "well under".

Cheers, young buck!! :)

Hung

How about the ones that cant do the job and the rest of us have to pick up the slack? Whats your suggestion for them? Why should I have to do both jobs cause some ol Fart cant hack it anymore?

You shouldn't. You should call your chief pilot and tell him "I don't feel comfortable flying with Joe Oldfart because...." and be specific. A good CP will not do something when he hears it once, but when he hears it from several different sources, things will start to click.

(Pre-emptive strike) This is not "throwing him under the bus". This is ensuring the safety of future flights for yourself and your customers. I'm not talking about calling because a guy flew one approach too fast/slow/high/low - but because a pattern of being behind the power curve is obvious, or because he clearly doesn't get it.

Latest resources

Back