• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any former SIUers out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mr. Munchie! Man, that brings back memories... When were you Mr. Munchie? I probably bought plenty from you. (88-89) We'd always run down and get sandwiches before the new Ren and Stimpy cartoon would come on.

Does anyone here remember Fred's Dance Barn located in one of those wide spoat's in the road out by Herrin? I remember it being similar to the bar in Porky's. They had the mechanical bull and you could reserve "stalls" if you had a large group. That place was pretty wild.

Aceshigh

Burt Reynolds said:
Mr. Munchie! Man, that brings back memories... When were you Mr. Munchie? I probably bought plenty from you. (88-89) We'd always run down and get sandwiches before the new Ren and Stimpy cartoon would come on.

I was there! I worked Mr. Munchie on Monday and Wednesday nights. What a kickass job. I'd drive the famous MunchieMobile (a 1957 Olson Kurbside truck with the 1973 Chevy V-8 engine-sans muffler) the 3 miles from where she lived. People would wave to me as they could hear me coming down the road past Lewis Park. The door wouldn't close very well, so I'd be free to wave back. Ever try parallel parking an ancient 3 speed manual 5 ton truck with sh1tty brakes and no power steering on the uphill rise in front of Schnieder Hall? No wonder they shut her down a few years ago.

After I did my magic, I'd open up the shop and make some serious money. What was great was that the owner never kept any inventory of the stuff we sold, so I gave away LOTS of free food; usually to the hotties and my friends who would stop by.

The drunks stumbling back to the dorms after the bars closed down were pretty entertaining. We'd sell all sandwiches half-price ten minutes before we closed down. 30 cent bologna and cheese anyone???

When it was slow, I had my boom box or I'd bring along my accoustic guitar and sit on the back bumper and play. All this while getting paid... As mentioned before, good times down there at MDH.

SCR

Latest resources

Back