Any Former AQ, WP, AH-1 Drivers @ NJ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CARVEMASTER

My wife and I are working on our applications to get in line at NetJets. Any former Aloha, Island Air, or Pacific Wings people there now who might have flown with us? Also former Army :uzi: 4-7 Cav (Desert Storm/ Germany) or 1-25 Attack (Haiti/Hawaii)? If anyone can help with a LOR, thanks. We'll name our kid after you! (On second thought, we'll give it serious consideration.) ;)
PM, thanks
B&B

Used to say "Never fish off the company pier"... and yet I did... and now we're both looking for work... at the same place... with a kid on the way... who one day will ignore me when I say "Never fish off..........

I know several Army people working for them but I am not sure any of them worked at 4-7 Cav. Were they at Coleman Barracks in Sandhofen?

My wife and I are working on our applications to get in line at NetJets. Any former Aloha, Island Air, or Pacific Wings people there now who might have flown with us? ;)
PM, thanks
B&B

Used to say "Never fish off the company pier"... and yet I did... and now we're both looking for work... at the same place... with a kid on the way... who one day will ignore me when I say "Never fish off..........

Air Nevada DBA Pacific Wings? Flew 402's for MK before he decided he needed some tropical air and moved the whole shebang to Maui. What a Richard Cranium. Anywho, good luck with the applications. The sooner you get them in, the better.

And don't worry about fishing off the company pier. The other pilot in this house has been putting up with me for 16 years now....

I'll give you some gouge. But only if your wife is British, you really can carve, and you are good with tools.

Oh, and I'll take that child name thing!

PM me.

My wife and I are working on our applications to get in line at NetJets. Any former Aloha, Island Air, or Pacific Wings people there now who might have flown with us? Also former Army :uzi: 4-7 Cav (Desert Storm/ Germany) or 1-25 Attack (Haiti/Hawaii)? If anyone can help with a LOR, thanks. We'll name our kid after you! (On second thought, we'll give it serious consideration.) ;)
PM, thanks
B&B

Are you AQ pilots?
Speaking of fishing, I'm in the same boat!
Any former AQ pilots out here interested in helping me feed my family! AQ Ohana!

RF

We have some left over food stamps, seriously. PM, we'll head down to Foodland towards the end of the month. There are benefits to be found when your wife is unemployed and pregnant.

Good friend of mine, better quals than me, just got turned down at NJ. Can't figure it out. Sharp guy, good character. Kind of takes away the motivation as I look over this 12 page application.

Hang in there everyone.

What was your class number? What color was your hat?

I wouldn't worry too much about how your buddy did on his interview. The truth is that good flying skills are a small part of this job. Think customer service. Approach the interview as if you were trying to get a concierge job at the Ritz Carlton.

Superior airmanship and aeronautical knowledge are important, but if that's all you got you won't be working for NetJets.

CARVEMASTER,

They are looking for fixed wing pilots in the military. I don't see the 200 on your list of aircraft flown but you do have that 350 and they may take you back in to fly either that or the 35. Check this out.
http://aptap.forumco.com/topic~TOPIC_ID~4215.asp

There are also alot of helicopter positions open. Check this out.
http://www1.recruitingcenter.net/clients/AIRMETHODS/publicjobs/controller.cfm

With your qualifications, I would think you would be able to walk right into one of those positions. PM me if you want some help here. I have been doing some interviews for both fixed and rotary wing stuff here and can atleast give you the gouge on what I know is out there and some of the pay.

Best of luck to you. I know your situation is one of those I have had nightmares about. I would come back in if I were in your shoes.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
Thanks for the links. I'll take a look. What's the age limit these days for returning to service? I think I'm to far gone at 44.

Grey Flight, 89-18 at Mother Rucker. I was one of those guys who got caught at 2am returning from a B-52s concert. TAC officer was all over us, and we had to reshave our heads and put all our stuff back on display for a couple weeks.

I can understand how customer service is the driving force at fractionals, but to see such qualified pilots get turned down.... Man... Well, I worked for a year as a customer service agent, loaded bags, and serviced planes. I guess it's worth something to me now.

Latest resources

Back