• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Ex-ATA Guys at GoJets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you get hired and need the job, take it. Please don't let idiots on a message board decide what is right for you. To do otherwise is foolishness. These people spout a lot of crap just for the sake of spouting off. There have been plenty of guys who flew for GJ that have been able to attain employment elsewhere. In no way is GJ a deal breaker for future employment. It gets old, the hissy fits about them.

Exactly what I think. I'm just looking for a little basic info; commutability, insurance, etc.

As it is, I'm flying Lears for a 135 company. It's ok for now, but it's questionable for long term employment due to working conditions, no vacation, money, etc.

I'm just looking at the few options available. If the GoJet pilot group were actual scabs [strike breakers], I wouldn't even consider it. But the fact is they are not. It's just another typical regional.

GoJets will have just as much impact on your career as attending Gulfstream Academy or slumming it at Pinnacle. In other words, you will be a shoe-in for AirTran.

I'm not up on all the regionals these days so I'll have to ask. What's up with Gulfstream or Pinnacle. Why would they even be compared to GoJets. And is Gulfstream even an airline or is it just a training academy. So maybe we should stick with Pinnacle. I've had a couple of friends now pass through Pinnacle. One's at Delta, the other UPS. J Lebowski summed things up pretty well when he described GoJets alter ego creation in this manner:

Nothing has changed. Go Jets was created in violation of the Trans States ALPA contract. Pilots who take jobs at Go Jets are directly responsible for Trans States pilots being furloughed and downgraded and thereby not being able to pay bills and provide for their families. Technically Go Jet pilots are not scabs, but they are undoubtedly scumbags.

Did Pinnacle (or Gulfstream) do something similar? Now I'm curious.

GoJet was created because of American Airlines...end of story.

stlflyguy

Hi!

There ARE TSA guys at Go Jet, and I heard that Go Jet is actually giving preferential hiring to TSA guys.

I say do NOT go to Go Jet IF you can get a better job situation. If Go Jet is the best job you can get, take it, and get out ASAP.

cliff
GRB

Whatever you boys need to tell yourselves so that you can sleep at night, thats fine. I wont defend the regionals. They are crummy outfits for the most part; but, there were alot of Trans States pilots who could have gone to Go Jets and gotten a leg up, but didnt because they had a bit of personal integrity. Bottom line: Go Jet pilots are scumbags. Everyone there knows exactly what they did.

Okay Mr. Holier than thou, Did you quit your job in protest when the TSA "stole" flying from Eagle? STFU "scumbag".

Hold it now ...!

Well, you got your flying back now and a few TSA guys on the street! Smile! Direct your enchanting attitude now towards the other partner of the AC side.

...and GJ are still scumbags!

Hi.

Home Depot is set to lay off a whole bunch of employees.

cliff
GRB

Okay Mr. Holier than thou, Did you quit your job in protest when the TSA "stole" flying from Eagle? STFU "scumbag".

....hey Mr. Pot, did you care when you took over the TWA flying while while mainline guys were getting furloughed???? TSA was the feed for TWA not AE.

This whole mess has AMR finger prints all over it. Beating each other up won't change any of that.

Those routes were mainline flying. The regionals and alter-egos are fighting over the scraps thrown on the ground by AMR.

I think if a management goon at AA, TSA, GJ or any other major/regional and especially Ford & Harrison saw this thread they'd have a pretty good chuckle.

Mission accomplished.

Latest resources

Back