• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any comments on AA's stock @ 34 plus?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, I should've held onto my options a little longer. At least I get to enjoy the new windows on my house now.

Wow!

I can't wait to see how much management bonuses will be.

I still have 1/3 of mine

Yeah, I should've held onto my options a little longer. At least I get to enjoy the new windows on my house now.

.....but not for much longer!

the stock has steadily climbed since the news regarding a possible consolidation between US Air and Delta...as more potential mergers are announced, wall street tends to favor the airlines... consolidation=greater capacity constraints which can lead to better pricing power for the airlines. As oil continues to hover around $58 - $60 per barrel, my feelings are that AMR can continue to make money with oil at this price.

I think AMR will continue to make money for a while, but will be interesting to see how this international growth and merger mania will pan out for the other carriers. I can't see much expansion on the horizon for AMR to keep up with the Jones' and a merger seems far-fetched for them too. Thoughts on them being left in the dust for being too conservative? Or are they on the right track for long term profitability?

Latest resources

Back