• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Cocal-Cola drivers on here?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So....are there any Coke drivers on here? I am in Atlanta and would also like to know. I guess after 4 pages and no "yes" responses, the question is answered.

In an effort to stay anonymous, most will not admit where they work on a public message board.

From personal experience, management doesn't like to see ANY info about their operation posted on a board like this--good, bad or ugly.

Considering the beatings Coke has taken here in the past, I'd expect that to be seriously verboten. TC

There is a certain operator in Van Nuys that is very secretive. They apparently fly a lot of celebrities so maybe there is good reason for it.

And yes, Coke has taken a lot of heat here, so if somebody in management there had told pilots "no public discussion of the company" it would not surprise me. You don't see much talk about big company flight departments except as second hand rumors

There is a certain operator in Van Nuys that is very secretive. They apparently fly a lot of celebrities so maybe there is good reason for it.

And yes, Coke has taken a lot of heat here, so if somebody in management there had told pilots "no public discussion of the company" it would not surprise me. You don't see much talk about big company flight departments except as second hand rumors

You can also get a LOT of info via PMs about large departments.

And really, dont believe 99% of the garbage you read in posts, get it straight from the folks who work there.

And really, dont believe 99% of the garbage you read in posts, get it straight from the folks who work there.
Well, I must say, that is the best piece of advice I've ever read on this message board. Following that advice will save you a lot of grief. Remember, the horse's mouth.

Also, I spoke to a friend who works at Coke last night, and the advice that was given to me to pass along was that if you are wanting to work there, do your homework, find an email address, and start writing the people who need to know your name. Be honest, straight forward, and state your intentions clearly. They know you don't work there, so do not be afraid to ask questions, but just make sure those questions are applicable to your stage/status. For example, don't ask about their SOPs (You don't need to know those right now), but dont ask where they are based or the types of equipment they fly, as that shows you have not done your research. Start with questions along the lines of what they look for when hiring pilots, etc. I will tell you the new D.O. (been there for a couple 3 years) is a stand up guy, probably the most fair man you will ever work for, and he likes to see education on resumes (Masters). He is a excellent pilot, but does not fly and has not in several years, due to choice, not medical or anything like that. Good Luck, and take G200's advice.

LRvH25--Thanks for your insight.

Nothing personal, but I adhere to the policy that you don't trust a pilot who doesn't want to fly. In my experience, those people haven't been the best to work for.

Good luck to those applying! TC

LRvH25--Thanks for your insight.

Nothing personal, but I adhere to the policy that you don't trust a pilot who doesn't want to fly. In my experience, those people haven't been the best to work for.

Good luck to those applying! TC
Nothing personal taken by that, althought I don't think it's fair to paint them all with that brush. No matter where you are, there is ALWAYS going to be an A$$shole in the group making it tough for all the rest of us.

In this particular case, this guy talked about being a manager when he was a CFI in his early 20s. For him, he stuck with his dream I guess, and it has worked out, and I don't think you'll find anyone who has worked for/with this guy that will say he is anything less than 'stand-up'. He really looks out for the people who works for him. In Kansas City, he ran a department that closed (Ivy League Educated CEO managed to run the company into the ground after his father and Big 10 Educated brother built it up).

All of the pilots were let go, but his capacity was shifted within the company, allowing him to come out of the mess untouched with job intact. He told the company, 'I don't think so; Homey don't play that" and resigned. He'd never tell you that though, as he is not the type of guy to go talking about himself. There's a lot to be said about a guy like that.

Consider being a little more open minded on that subject, AA717. Some of them are jerks, but there are some good ones out there. Thanks for your response.

Latest resources

Back