• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Cocal-Cola drivers on here?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Salesmen, truck drivers, boat captains, pilots--LOTS of people spend time on the road--many spend more time away from home than we do. It's the commitment you make to your family that determines whether your marriage survives or not. TC

about the best said thing here yet.

Just like every other aspect of life-each person has their own likes/dislikes. Personally, I like flying the domestic, Carib, and Canada trips. I spend quite a bit of time at home, but also get to enjoy the road as well. All in all I'm very happy flying my Hawker.

Arguing over this is like arguing over politics-people have their own views, and most likely are not going to change them because someone feels otherwise.

Last edited:
The point to all this is there is something for everyone. As pilots we tend to think our line of thinking is the best/only way.

If someone wants to fly halfway around the world and do it often enough to know where to get a good hamburger, great for them. If someone wants to fly 200 miles, sit for the day and be home in time to coach baseball, great for them.

I know airline pilots that wouldn't do the corporate thing for any pay. I know corporate guys that won't think about airline work. I know a cropduster that doesn't think lift can be generated above 1000' agl. I know king air pilots that don't want a jet job, etc.

Everyody is right and nobody is wrong!

The point to all this is there is something for everyone. As pilots we tend to think our line of thinking is the best/only way.

If someone wants to fly halfway around the world and do it often enough to know where to get a good hamburger, great for them. If someone wants to fly 200 miles, sit for the day and be home in time to coach baseball, great for them.

I know airline pilots that wouldn't do the corporate thing for any pay. I know corporate guys that won't think about airline work. I know a cropduster that doesn't think lift can be generated above 1000' agl. I know king air pilots that don't want a jet job, etc.

Everyody is right and nobody is wrong!

:confused:

I think we knew all this?

and I cant recall any arguements here?

Seemed more like guys sharing info on their own jobs and pointing out misconceptions in a professional manner....a rather helpful thread to the original poster asking about long haul corporate jobs.

Really, forum cops need not respond!

:laugh: ;)

If flying a G550 will to China will make you happy, then I say go for it. Everyone should have dreams and goals. Sometimes when you achieve them you find out it wasn't what you expected (like after I married the Victoria Secret supermodel and inheirited 17.3 Million dollars) It's not that I wanted more, I just wanted something different.:pimp:

The great thing about living in the USA (assuming you do) is that you can do whatever you want. And if you find out you don't like it - you can go do something else. Too many people are afraid to get outside their comfort zone and succeed. Don't be one of those people, and you will be flying a G550 or GLEX before you know it. Then if you find out you don't like it, please call me before you give notice so I can have it:laugh:

Well, the definition of travel is all relative, I guess. I've been to over 50 countries on my own, by the age of 20 and hope to continue that rate of over 2 countries per year. Travel > * in my opinion. The guys who don't see that? Too bad for them. I'd love to be flying their GLEX or G550 instead of them, heh. Airlines are no fun, the ultime job is the ultimate corporate flying job, end of story.

Corp Flying

Dickburns, Nice to see some guys still have a love for flying. The guys that quotes being gone 18 days on trips for big flight departments like Coke, just doesn't have a clue. They've listened to some ancient history that just isn't reality. If you fly the long range aircraft, you're gonna go international. Unless you invented a new globe, that means it usually takes more than a couple hours. Trips range anywhere from day out-and-backs to 10 days (on the extreme end). 14-17 days per month.

If guys want to be home every night, have a schedule that never changes, lost benefits, and no stability, then the airlines need you. If you like flying with a great group of people, work for a company that takes care of you with great benefits, corp is the way to go.

If guys want to be home every night, have a schedule that never changes, lost benefits, and no stability, then the airlines need you. If you like flying with a great group of people, work for a company that takes care of you with great benefits, corp is the way to go.

Obviously I prefer corporate also, but I'd be careful throwing around that "stability" word anywhere in this business today!

There have been some larger department closures recently and no doubt pressure among rich individual owners also...its everywhere! - certainly not the bloodbath the airlines are, but sadly, nobody is immune....

:(

Dickburns, Nice to see some guys still have a love for flying. The guys that quotes being gone 18 days on trips for big flight departments like Coke, just doesn't have a clue. They've listened to some ancient history that just isn't reality. If you fly the long range aircraft, you're gonna go international. Unless you invented a new globe, that means it usually takes more than a couple hours. Trips range anywhere from day out-and-backs to 10 days (on the extreme end). 14-17 days per month.

I was in G-550 maintenance refresher with a Flight Mech from Coke a few weeks ago and he told me they go on trips for 15 to over 20 days at a time on a regular basis. Not all cooperate operators fly like that but, Coke does. They go to multiple locations and sit a couple days at each one. I have no reason not to believe the guy.

Last edited:
Well, the definition of travel is all relative, I guess. I've been to over 50 countries on my own, by the age of 20 and hope to continue that rate of over 2 countries per year. Travel > * in my opinion. The guys who don't see that? Too bad for them. I'd love to be flying their GLEX or G550 instead of them, heh. Airlines are no fun, the ultime job is the ultimate corporate flying job, end of story.

Your opinion and preference, some certainly would not agree.

Latest resources

Back