• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

Any calls from Allegiant?

Pan1900

Total Time
I just interviewed serveral days ago. Anyone yet get a call from th CP? Any word on the next MD-80 class?

Wedge

Total Time
The CP told me calls would go out around the 15th of November after they finished this set of interviews. Good luck!

Last edited:

BRA

Rollins Rules!
Total Time
was that for a december class?

Wedge

Total Time
Yes, as of a week ago they said two classes in December of 14-16 each. Everyone will be initially based in Vegas.

BRA

Rollins Rules!
Total Time
Wedge said:
Yes, as of a week ago they said two classes in December of 14-16 each. Everyone will be initially based in Vegas.

Wow, so possibly as many as 28 new pilots in decemeber? That just sounds like a lot. I always understood that many airlines didn't do much training around the december time frame due to holidays, and senior dudes being on vacation and what not. But if you need new guys then i guess you do what you have to do. Good luck!

jacko123

Total Time
4+
How could they handle 2 classes in one month? They must have that sim going 24/7.

Al Coholic

Total Time
Enough
I don't see how they can run more than 1 class at a time....

I spoke with the new hire ground school intructor a few weeks ago and he said they (classes) were scheduled 6 weeks apart. A class started last week, so the next class should be the end of Dec, or 1st of Jan.

We're the only user in the sim, but with only 3 sim instructors, they can't deal with more than 6 crews at one time. 6 crews would give each of them 2 pairs to work with... They aren't going to make them sit in the box 12 hours a day...

With the recent announced new flying and upcoming announcments, we should be hiring for a long while...

I left LAS today as a non rev on Allegiant. It was nice seeing 300+ people in line at 0500.. It wasn't so nice seeing only a half dozen in line for Frontier and only few waiting for ATA..

Wedge

Total Time
When I was at the HQ the CP, Mike D, said they were interviewing for a class around Dec 8th and and class later in Dec. It could be he meant to say they were going to run one or the other or that I misunderstood him. At any rate, as you said, it's a great company and the growth and hiring should continue for a while. Good luck to everyone who interviewed.

Last edited:

Jeff Helgeson

Total Time
Just back from recurrent....

The class is scheduled for Pearl Harbor Day, December 7th, for a class of 14. Interviews are still being held, so no phone calls until the interview process is finished.

21 planes by the end of Jan. 6 more for 2006, 8 for 2007, 8 for 2008. However, if more MD80s come available at a good price, that number could increase. I think some pilots may come out to SFB as well. We continue to add crews.

Good luck,

Jeff

fr8-4life

Total Time
Got a call! Dec. 7th class

Just got my call today, and couldn’t be more thrilled! Class is to be December 7th. I’ll be interested in talking to those of you who will also be there. Anyone know of any crash pad openings? Or I may also be interested in renting a hotel suit with double beds with someone if I can’t find a crash pad. Not sure if I should drive my vehicle from Texas or try arranging a piggy back from someone more local that will be there. It just seems a lot less of a headache if some of this can be arranged ahead of time. Let me know.

singlespeed

building turbine time
Total Time
1500+
Drive out. It will save you in the long run.

Al Coholic

Total Time
Enough
Fr8-4life,

Congratulations on the call!! I'm sure you're going to enjoy it here!

I'll look on our intranet site and see if anyone has a crashpad posting. If you have the time to drive, you will be much happier with a car.

Captain Happy

Total Time
+4500
Are there any EX-Planet guys at Allegiant? I like the rest was let go in May and I would love to go there. If anyone wants to help an EX-Planet brother I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Capt Happy

Caveman

Grandpa
Total Time
11000+
fr8-4life,

When did you interview? I have a friend that recently interviewed eagerly awaiting a phone or call or letter. Thanks.

fr8-4life

Total Time
Caveman said:
fr8-4life,

When did you interview? I have a friend that recently interviewed eagerly awaiting a phone or call or letter. Thanks.
I interviewd Nov 3rd. As I understand, everyone that interviewed between the 3rd and 15th was for the Dec 7th class and was notified yesterday.

Wedge

Total Time
Congrats to everyone who got the call this week. Have fun in Vegas for the holidays!:beer:

Jeff Helgeson

Total Time
Mike Devincenzi is the CP

swaforme said:
Hey Wedge,

Is Mike D. Mike Devencensi (sp). Ex WestAir.
Yes, he is former WestAir.

We have a big influence from WestAir, TWA, National, AE, and the Grand Canyon.

Other Westies: MM, KR (went to JBLU) MJ. and few others.