Any calls from Allegiant?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pan1900

I just interviewed serveral days ago. Anyone yet get a call from th CP? Any word on the next MD-80 class?

The CP told me calls would go out around the 15th of November after they finished this set of interviews. Good luck!

Last edited:
Yes, as of a week ago they said two classes in December of 14-16 each. Everyone will be initially based in Vegas.

Wedge said:
Yes, as of a week ago they said two classes in December of 14-16 each. Everyone will be initially based in Vegas.

Wow, so possibly as many as 28 new pilots in decemeber? That just sounds like a lot. I always understood that many airlines didn't do much training around the december time frame due to holidays, and senior dudes being on vacation and what not. But if you need new guys then i guess you do what you have to do. Good luck!

I don't see how they can run more than 1 class at a time....

I spoke with the new hire ground school intructor a few weeks ago and he said they (classes) were scheduled 6 weeks apart. A class started last week, so the next class should be the end of Dec, or 1st of Jan.

We're the only user in the sim, but with only 3 sim instructors, they can't deal with more than 6 crews at one time. 6 crews would give each of them 2 pairs to work with... They aren't going to make them sit in the box 12 hours a day...

With the recent announced new flying and upcoming announcments, we should be hiring for a long while...

I left LAS today as a non rev on Allegiant. It was nice seeing 300+ people in line at 0500.. It wasn't so nice seeing only a half dozen in line for Frontier and only few waiting for ATA..

When I was at the HQ the CP, Mike D, said they were interviewing for a class around Dec 8th and and class later in Dec. It could be he meant to say they were going to run one or the other or that I misunderstood him. At any rate, as you said, it's a great company and the growth and hiring should continue for a while. Good luck to everyone who interviewed.

Last edited:
Just back from recurrent....

The class is scheduled for Pearl Harbor Day, December 7th, for a class of 14. Interviews are still being held, so no phone calls until the interview process is finished.

21 planes by the end of Jan. 6 more for 2006, 8 for 2007, 8 for 2008. However, if more MD80s come available at a good price, that number could increase. I think some pilots may come out to SFB as well. We continue to add crews.

Good luck,

Jeff

Latest resources

Back