Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay. You win.

Okay, get out the popcorn.

I used to jump seat when I was at the airlines. I lived in MCO and commuted to ORD. I flew on UAL in a B-757 or A-320. Flight time was 2:20. I did it over a gazillion times so take my word on the flight time.

I just did yet another fltplan.com flight plan in a Piaggio from KORD to KMCO using a previous flight plan with the arrival included. Guess what the flight time is...

It's 2:44 with a 1,984 lb burn. ORD to MCO is not the BOS to TEB others said the P180 is suited to. We're talking 904 nm and the Piaggio is 24 minutes longer than a freaking Beoing 757!

Did I mention the burn is under 300 gal? Anybody want to post the burn in their aircraft? Want to post the time?

5'8" is 5'8". No one said the Piaggio was as long as a Hawker 800. The Piaggio is 14'6" long. A Hawker is 21' 4".

But...

your Bravo cabin is 16' long, or 1 foot 6 inches longer and,

your Ultra cabin is 17' 4" long, or 2 feet 10 inches longer.

Once again, my source: My Source

So for a foot and a half extra length and over a foot less height you think twice the burn is worth it? ...to save 24 minutes (.4) from ORD to MCO? ...really?

Enjoy your popcorn.

Last edited:
Glass it's the reason why pretty much everyday we are flying a new owner. It doesn't take a genius to understand the economics. More space and half the cost on a trip from NY to FL. Gee tough decision

NJA owner great place for you to join the conversation.

Someone posted something about a/c prices this is going to be the most depressed pricing in a generation, if you're negotiating bulk rates. This proves beneficial for all fracs.

Value, this is a huge one. Whether it's Avantair, Flex, NJA, or charter these people want value ie. Whole Foods. These guys are bringing in $200 mil a year while the competition is doing $20 mil. I can't afford em but when we do go there the food is AWESOME.

The market will come back and if we (NJA, Flex, Flops etc.) gut the company ie chop salaries, jobs, perks well then that's a perfect time for Avantair to come in and take market share.

I enjoy the healthy debate.

yeah they defintly have the turbo prop market sealed up already regardless. I see a lotta growth there after the crappy ecomony wipes out all the crap charter companies. Those who run king airs and cheyenne's that survive the economy will get killed by them. Which is good cause im sure avantair has the money to provide top notch training.

Latest resources

Back