• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anvantair Santo talks about taking marketshare

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Piaggio will never compete with a X. Nobody is arguing that it will. It only competes with a Hawker in cabin size, not speed. But the smaller jets have a very hard time justifying they're marginaly better speed with their greatly higher cost. And that is where Avantair is taking market share, mid-size business jet catagory. Not G550's and Citation X's.

Competes with a Hawker in cabin size??? Maybe you're talking about a "Hawker" 400? A couple of your pilots gave me a tour of the Piaggio. I thought it was very nice but certainly nowhere close to a Hawker 800. The cabin was much closer to Beechjet/Ultra size and I shudder to imagine being in that cockpit for more than an hour or two.

Okay look. Let's use things like units of measurement and numbers and stay away from things like ego, fuzzy memory and SJS.

The Piaggio cabin is 5 foot 8 inches tall. That's a fact and can be confirmed with a tape measure.

The Beechjet 400A is listed as 4' 9"
The Ultra is listed as 4' 10"

No way on Gods earth the Piaggio reminds you of those two as they are just shy of a FOOT shorter.

The Hawker 800 is listed as 5' 9". That would be one inch more than the Piaggio. See how that competes in cabin size? One inch. Not the 11 inches shorter you compared it to.

Here is a link to compare some cabin sizes. Remeber the Piaggio is 5' 8" and see where it fits.

Cabin Comparison Charts

"The cabin was much closer to Beechjet/Ultra size..."

sheesh... head in hand shaking.

Last edited:
Okay look. Let's use things like units of measurement and numbers and stay away from things like ego, fuzzy memory and SJS.

The Piaggio cabin is 5 foot 8 inches tall. That's a fact and can be confirmed with a tape measure.

No way on Gods earth the Piaggio reminds you of those two as they are just shy of a FOOT shorter.

The Hawker 800 is listed as 5' 9". That would be one inch more than the Piaggio. See how that competes in cabin size? One inch. Not the 11 inches shorter you compared it to.

Here is a link to compare some cabin sizes. Remeber the Piaggio is 5' 8" and see where it fits.

Cabin Comparison Charts

are you trying to sell us all a share?

Wow, never thought of that...

Would you guys consider it? Guys are always complaining about the airlines...Avantair could be just the ticket!

I noticed lately, Avantair seems to have more planes in the sky relative to the size of their fleet when compared to the other Fracs when I occasionally check on flight aware....

Are your personal flying hours increased, maintained, or decreased any this year compared to previous years?

I noticed lately, Avantair seems to have more planes in the sky relative to the size of their fleet when compared to the other Fracs when I occasionally check on flight aware....

Are your personal flying hours increased, maintained, or decreased any this year compared to previous years?
Sounds like a ton of deadhead. When's then next Q earnings?

Cabin Comparison Charts

So, according to your numbers, the Ultra has a taller cabin than the Beechjet (wrong) and length of the Piaggio cabin is irrelevant? I think I'll just go ahead and stick with how it felt.

I do think the Piaggio is a sweet turboprop. Performance, speed, economy are terrific for a turboprop. But it is still driven by propellers, which definitely limits its market. The Q400 is an awesome turboprop too, but you still hear snide comments from the majority of the pax boarding it...and those are from the general public who can't afford to choose.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back