Anti-union letter from the IPJB.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pretty well. Thanks for the concern.

Great! Next time you utilize this "direct relationship", can you ask about that $130/month increase in my premiums next year with no input from my committee?

I tried...but I'm still paying $1500 more next year for my health insurance. Maybe you'll have better luck.

While you're in there, can you ask about our retirement workaround? And about the guys who are on disability and have been cut off from our health insurance? And can you also mention that a scope clause would be really awesome too?

Wow...thanks. I never knew you were the conduit to change...let me rip this ALPA lanyard off. Looks like we DO have a direct relationship after all.

Pretty well. Thanks for the concern.

Can you provide a real example of this direct relationship at jetblue? Specifically, what was the issue, who or what dept title did you visit and what type of action was taken on your behalf to solve the problem.....

Thanks!

Can you provide a real example of this direct relationship at jetblue? Specifically, what was the issue, who or what dept title did you visit and what type of action was taken on your behalf to solve the problem.....

Thanks!

I can:

Ten years ago they told me our health insurance would be competitive with SWA and other major airlines, instead we are "owning our health" and we have the worst in the industry = direct relationship = I stopped cleaning.

They brought in a new aircraft type and told us all pay would stagnate while the new aircraft "proved" itself = direct relationship = I stopped doing my little song and dance on the PA and the gate.

After the obligatory "waiting period" was over, they gave us an overdue raise while they reached around and stole everything back and then some with flight scheduling manual changes, short staffing, and a hike in premium pay = direct relationship = I set the brake, grab my bag, and go home.

These are the kinds of direct actions/re-actions that bean counters understand.

Their direct relationship = destruction of their own brand.

Whatever man, we get to play pool and drink beer with the CEO. You don't get to do that just anywhere. I mean really, we should just be happy to fly a plane for a living.

GOSH

I can:

Ten years ago they told me our health insurance would be competitive with SWA and other major airlines, instead we are "owning our health" and we have the worst in the industry = direct relationship = I stopped cleaning.

They brought in a new aircraft type and told us all pay would stagnate while the new aircraft "proved" itself = direct relationship = I stopped doing my little song and dance on the PA and the gate.

After the obligatory "waiting period" was over, they gave us an overdue raise while they reached around and stole everything back and then some with flight scheduling manual changes, short staffing, and a hike in premium pay = direct relationship = I set the brake, grab my bag, and go home.

This guy gets it (BS)......This is the post of the year.

Nobody wants to hurt their respective airline, but to quote Rambo, John J. "They drew first blood, not me".......

Direct relationships are all dandy when you are a new-hire, but get screwed over or receive empty promises, it makes you think a little.....

I can:

There is a difference. Just because I disagree with some of you guys and sometimes the company (it's still a free country last I checked), it doesn't force me to be somebody I'm not. The attitude dipicted here is no different than those pilots out there slowing their taxis = to a crawl or not showing up to work in mass numbers because of their dissatisfaction with their contract talks. Is that where we are headed? Is there no pride in what we do anymore? Oh wait, that's right, we've been beaten down = one too many times by management so we're going to display our protest by not doing anything more that what we're supposed to... Sounds like a union to me-- good practice...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back