• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anti-union letter from the IPJB.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An in-house union, properly organized, and supported by the pilot group would be a success. I don't think our pilots should give up and roll over for ALPA so easily.

Let us know when you start your in house drive!

Let us know when you start your in house drive!

I'll be sure to let you know when I start the drive. I'll tell you this, it'll be run better than the JBPA drive.

I think it's sad the the in-house group gave up so quick. JBPA failed for a ton of reasons, not the least of which was that it was basically organized on the back of a cocktail napkin and never developed beyond that. Sorbie had a vision that he was obviously ill-equiped to execute. Most pilots, even those that supported JBPA, recognized what a mess that would have been. That's one of the main reasons it failed.

And now the pro-union group is running to the easiest, cheapest slut out there. I think the pro guys are just being cheap and lazy. They don't want to do the work necessary to run a proper in-house union.

I'll be sure to let you know when I start the drive. I'll tell you this, it'll be run better than the JBPA drive.

I think it's sad the the in-house group gave up so quick. JBPA failed for a ton of reasons, not the least of which was that it was basically organized on the back of a cocktail napkin and never developed beyond that. Sorbie had a vision that he was obviously ill-equiped to execute. Most pilots, even those that supported JBPA, recognized what a mess that would have been. That's one of the main reasons it failed.

And now the pro-union group is running to the easiest, cheapest slut out there. I think the pro guys are just being cheap and lazy. They don't want to do the work necessary to run a proper in-house union.

What are you talking about? Mike and his group had their sh#t together! They had significant input from APA and their attorneys, and SWAPA, and even ALPA. They developed a framework C&BL and a website. They conducted numerous open meetings and conference calls. They collected cards and conducted a clean vote which is more than we can say for the PVC.
They were competent and experienced and they ran as good a campaign as you can run on a shoe-string.
That effort failed because the BoBs, the Company, and snakes like you ran a counter-campaign full of lies. Did you watch the video of the BoBs trying to grill JBPA in campaign meeting? It was abundantly clear who was prepared and who was not and it was also very clear what the motive was. The BoBs and Jetblue were never interested in collaboration or understanding. They ran a negative campaign from day one.
The next in-house campaign would face exactly the same thing and it would fail again.
What we learned during the JBPA campaign is that an in-house would be doomed to failure even IF it was successfully voted in.
We have a company who is committed, with the help of Ford&Harrison and a dozen or so minions from the pilot seniority list, to fight any union effort in-house or otherwise.
SWAPA succeeds because they work for a reasonable and fair-minded company.
We do not.

Last edited:
I guess Blue defines a "movement" as 6 guys and a P.O. box......

Scary stuff!!

Here at Jetblue, we've perfected the art of finding any usefull shred of information and putting it into the company spin machine for use against the "enemies of the state." The Jetblue propoganda machine is huge and impressive and it chugs along 24 hours a day.

The only thing DIFFERENT about Jetblue is that they manage the message more aggressively than any airline I've been associated with and they've done that from day one.

This culture is completely contrived and, as such, cannot be sustained.

When the history of this airline is written they will say that Jetblue tried but failed to capture the magic that SWA was able to achieve and maintain. The reasons will be obvious.

Last edited:
:laugh: Nice Work BS.......

Time for me to head to the "Blue room" and have a "movement"!

I guess Blue defines a "movement" as 6 guys and a P.O. box......

Scary stuff!!

I've talked with at least 6 jumpseaters from Delta, and they have all discussed how much more appropriate it would be to have their own in-house union where their money and interests would be better served over ALPA's. So I guess I must have talked to them all!!!

It makes great sense when you have that many pilots at Delta and the new United to take your union in-house. They can afford it, they have the experience, and the money stays somewhat in their own pockets... If/when that happens, who will be left to stuff the purse of ALPA? Yup, the regionals!!! ...and of course, the 2000 pilots from Jetblue...

Latest resources

Back