• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anti-union letter from the IPJB.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you ever see a HAWK fly with others? No, they usually fly alone... My kids pointed out what they said was a buzzard yesterday, but have you ever seen one fly alone? It was a hawk. Up there, all alone, stalking his prey. You see, they kill their prey-- buzzards only go after something already run over, like an armadillo...

I'm disheartened by what this union drive times two has done to this young company. No matter what happens, you're not going to unite this company of refugees with an organization (ALPA) that did not save their plight in the past. Sell it any way you want, but posts like your's only show the true colors of what didn't happen only a year ago when you didn't sell it then...

So you are a Hawk soaring above and preying on your fellow jetblue pilots!? Wow, I'm glad we will get ALPA to protect our pilots not only from Management, but also "Hawks" like you...

Next time I take you to Cancun and you stop up to say "hi", I'll know you are just looking for "Prey"!? Um, Gay much?:confused:

For those of you that are wondering:

The IPJB is version 2 of the BoBs or "Band of Blue"...

...our ladder climbing union busters who think that asking for a reasonable package of pay and benefits would hurt our competitive edge and are oh-so-happy to help our executive leadership team earn huge bonuses for keeping the unions off the property.

Many of you may still keep the original Band of Blue list (that they so eagerly published along with a list of pro-union pilots) but my guess is the list of BoBs has shrunk considerably.

Soon there will be just a few lone hawks circling gracefully in the sky as they defend truth, justice, and the American way.

What does the IPJB guys get for helping management?

Sigh. This is getting tiring. Why did AirTran merge with ALPA?
and ALPA was as big of a paper tiger as the in-house. Still no contract...just talk

The point is...don't rely soley on the claims of the ALPA snake oil salesmen...adjust your expectations accordingly.

and ALPA was as big of a paper tiger as the in-house. Still no contract...just talk

The point is...don't rely soley on the claims of the ALPA snake oil salesmen...adjust your expectations accordingly.

Welcome to yesterday:

AirTran Airways and Air Line Pilots Association Reach Tentative Agreement

Companies:AirTran Holdings Inc.
Related Quotes
Symbol Price Change
AAI 7.50 0.00

Press Release Source: AirTran Airways On Thursday October 21, 2010, 4:50 pm EDT
ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 21 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc., (NYSE:AAI - News) today announced it has reached a tentative agreement on terms of a new five-year pilot collective bargaining agreement with the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA). *****AirTran Airways has more than 1,700 pilots represented by ALPA.

The tentative agreement will go before the airline's pilots for a ratification vote over the next 30 days. If ratified, the collective bargaining agreement would take effect December 1, 2010. *****The tentative agreement calls for increased compensation, improved benefits and enhancements to productivity. *****Specific terms of the agreement will not be released.

"We are pleased to reach a tentative agreement with the pilots," said Bob Fornaro, AirTran Airways' chairman, president and chief executive officer. "We have negotiated an agreement that will reward our pilots for their hard work while still allowing the airline to maintain our low-cost structure."

AirTran Airways is a Fortune 1000 company and has been ranked the number one low cost carrier in the Airline Quality Rating study for the past three years. *****AirTran Airways is the only major airline with Gogo Inflight Internet on every flight and offers coast-to-coast service on North America's newest all-Boeing fleet. Our low-cost, high-quality product also includes assigned seating, Business Class and complimentary XM Satellite Radio on every flight. To book a flight, visit www.airtran.com.

Media Contacts: *****
AirTran Airways

Christopher White

Cynthia Tinsley-Douglas

678.254.7442 *****

why in the world does anyone think that ALPA is a better choice than an in-house union? One word: Southwest. Enough said

Here's another one: AirTran.

SWA's pilot union works because they have management that values the pilots as employees and promotes a good relationship. When SWAPA President Carl Kuwitzky spoke with our union (NPA) leadership prior to us becoming ALPA he agreed that an in house union would not work at SWA if they had the type of management that we have at AirTran.

Good luck to all of you @ JB!

Welcome to yesterday:

AirTran Airways and Air Line Pilots Association Reach Tentative Agreement

Companies:AirTran Holdings Inc.
Related Quotes
Symbol Price Change
AAI 7.50 0.00

Press Release Source: AirTran Airways On Thursday October 21, 2010, 4:50 pm EDT
ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 21 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc., (NYSE:AAI - News) today announced it has reached a tentative agreement on terms of a new five-year pilot collective bargaining agreement with the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA). *****AirTran Airways has more than 1,700 pilots represented by ALPA.

The tentative agreement will go before the airline's pilots for a ratification vote over the next 30 days. If ratified, the collective bargaining agreement would take effect December 1, 2010. *****The tentative agreement calls for increased compensation, improved benefits and enhancements to productivity. *****Specific terms of the agreement will not be released.

"We are pleased to reach a tentative agreement with the pilots," said Bob Fornaro, AirTran Airways' chairman, president and chief executive officer. "We have negotiated an agreement that will reward our pilots for their hard work while still allowing the airline to maintain our low-cost structure."

AirTran Airways is a Fortune 1000 company and has been ranked the number one low cost carrier in the Airline Quality Rating study for the past three years. *****AirTran Airways is the only major airline with Gogo Inflight Internet on every flight and offers coast-to-coast service on North America's newest all-Boeing fleet. Our low-cost, high-quality product also includes assigned seating, Business Class and complimentary XM Satellite Radio on every flight. To book a flight, visit www.airtran.com.

Media Contacts: *****
AirTran Airways

Christopher White

Cynthia Tinsley-Douglas

678.254.7442 *****
where's the contract? I just see a TA that hasn't been ratified yet...

An in-house at B6 would be a paper tiger. Our management is nothing like Southwest. The in-house drive failed and that ship has sailed.

JBPA would have been a paper tiger because the guys that created it had no idea how to organize a union. They had no plans for a strike fund, thus making JBPA essentially a paper tiger.

An in-house union, properly organized, and supported by the pilot group would be a success. I don't think our pilots should give up and roll over for ALPA so easily.

Do you ever see a HAWK fly with others? No, they usually fly alone... My kids pointed out what they said was a buzzard yesterday, but have you ever seen one fly alone? It was a hawk. Up there, all alone, stalking his prey. You see, they kill their prey-- buzzards only go after something already run over, like an armadillo...

How many FO's have this tool on their no fly list?

I'm not against unions, but believe me...ALPA doesn't have your best interests at heart. Go your own way, hire third party representation and work for your own self interest. ALPA national has been one big dissapointment after another...it annoys me that we pay the ALPA CEO fat cats enormous salaries to basically screw us over. Prater is no better Frank Lorenzo.

I'm not against unions, but believe me...ALPA doesn't have your best interests at heart. Go your own way, hire third party representation and work for your own self interest. ALPA national has been one big dissapointment after another...it annoys me that we pay the ALPA CEO fat cats enormous salaries to basically screw us over. Prater is no better Frank Lorenzo.
To give pep talks.

Save yourselves the Money and go to a few Tony Robbins seminars...

Latest resources

Back