• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another speed bump in the AT/SWA combination

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everyone here is wondering why Gary Kelly took sides after the first deal was voted down, and why didn't he just take sides before the first vote. The threats were never in writing until after the first MEC vote. It was all here-say and too easy to disbelieve especially due to the positive reputation of SWA management and employees.

I think a lot did not think he would threaten us the way he did. It was shocking to the industry just how involved he got and what he said. Most managers would have just let it go to arbitration, so they are not blamed for the out come. In fact he did that for the other employee groups, but singled out the pilots. You can say it is because we were the first, but that does not matter to us.

We were a large employee group with a successful company that was competing very well with others in the industry. It was shocking to us how this went down, and from what I gather others in the industry as well.

JT,
So now GK is your new CEO and we may be faced with this again someday. Do you want him to take your side or stay neutral next time?
All about perspective...

Tahoe...what will SWAPA do when GK threatens them and is not on their side? Its coming.....at least fat pilots are prepared, are you?

The FAT pilots are prepared to do what? Cave and vote yes to the tune of 84% just like SWAPA? I'm sure GK is quaking in his boots cause we sure showed him last time. Same team now Bro.

Everyone here is wondering why Gary Kelly took sides after the first deal was voted down, and why didn't he just take sides before the first vote. The threats were never in writing until after the first MEC vote. It was all here-say and too easy to disbelieve especially due to the positive reputation of SWA management and employees.

I think a lot did not think he would threaten us the way he did. It was shocking to the industry just how involved he got and what he said. Most managers would have just let it go to arbitration, so they are not blamed for the out come. In fact he did that for the other employee groups, but singled out the pilots. You can say it is because we were the first, but that does not matter to us.

We were a large employee group with a successful company that was competing very well with others in the industry. It was shocking to us how this went down, and from what I gather others in the industry as well.

Quoting "industry"?? Is this like saying "people say" or something. Who are these "industry" people?

The FAT pilots are prepared to do what? Cave and vote yes to the tune of 84% just like SWAPA? I'm sure GK is quaking in his boots cause we sure showed him last time. Same team now Bro.

I doubt you'll find a lot of FAT pilots who'll vote yes on anything else again, ever.

Latest resources

Back