• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another speed bump in the AT/SWA combination

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If that happens, no doubt you'll be the first to joyfully announce the news.

I have never wished a furlough or a BK on anyone. I assume, like many on here, that SWA will keep older 733s and 735s longer when they start handing the 717s over to DL. If they don't, that would be a shame, and if DL starts hiring a lot onto the 717, I hope many AT guys are picked up.

Bye Bye---General Lee

SWA will be hiring off the street for FAs starting at the beginning of the year. Makes perfect sense. Much cheaper to hire at first year pay, than to transition FAs at higher steps on the payscale.

It's not off the street, it's actually internals, Maybe open to Air Tran Ground Ops. or Customer Service? I've seen the memo but not sure if it's open to both sides of the partition...They've closed a bunch of stations, maybe it is for those employees? Rumor has it that a bunch of FA's are staying on the AT side until the last day and quitting, No word if the ATL base had (has) anything to do with it or not BUT it's in the FA's transitional agreement that an ATL base opens by a certain date in 2015 (I believe that the year is correct, I know that the base thing is in there, DO not have document in front of me!)

Later,
KBB

That's what I was thinking when I heard the news, but then I thought "Certainly SWA wouldn't want to alienate their own future F/A's by doing that".

Seriously? You would still question that after all we've seen them do? Nothing is beneath these people.

I miss Kolski.

Flat combine fleet 2013. 150 new hires next year for retirements/New FAA rules coming. Let's not forget 50+ AT orders of 737's, and classic's life extended. This will off set the 80+ 717's going:)

No, quite the contrary, I just mentioned I was hearing strange rumors, unsupported by the facts on the ground.

Maybe if we just don't post stupid rumors with no facts to support them, then we wouldn't stir up more anger among an already angry workgroup.

Maybe if we just don't post stupid rumors with no facts to support them, then we wouldn't stir up more anger among an already angry workgroup.

flightinfo.com - they only fact based pilot web board on the net. There'd be no fun in that.

Dude, I stated this one one baseless, showing how stupid it was, in relation to other stupid rumors, I guess you missed that part.

Latest resources

Back