• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another speed bump in the AT/SWA combination

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's not off the street, it's actually internals, Maybe open to Air Tran Ground Ops. or Customer Service? I've seen the memo but not sure if it's open to both sides of the partition...They've closed a bunch of stations, maybe it is for those employees? Rumor has it that a bunch of FA's are staying on the AT side until the last day and quitting, No word if the ATL base had (has) anything to do with it or not BUT it's in the FA's transitional agreement that an ATL base opens by a certain date in 2015 (I believe that the year is correct, I know that the base thing is in there, DO not have document in front of me!)

Later,
KBB

Correct. I finally saw it. Thought it was well written actually. I think the FA's just had a bad initial reaction. No different than the pilots over here, who just want to rip the band aid off once and for all. As for FA's staying or going, I think you will see almost all attempt to stay. Longevity and benefits don't grow on trees. As I learned from this experience, there is a certain amount of smack talk, that doesn't translate into reality.

As someone mentioned previously, the real reason behind the slow roll is AT is too profitable with it's fees. Obviously GK and Co. now have a very clear picture of the revenue possibilities with ancillary fees added in. As soon as our IT is up to speed, I expect SWA to roll out fees similar to what AT has been doing all the while. Then the integration will kick into high gear.

As someone mentioned previously, the real reason behind the slow roll is AT is too profitable with it's fees. Obviously GK and Co. now have a very clear picture of the revenue possibilities with ancillary fees added in. As soon as our IT is up to speed, I expect SWA to roll out fees similar to what AT has been doing all the while. Then the integration will kick into high gear.

Translation: As soon as the IT Dept can figure out HOW to charge for bags they will.

Translation: As soon as the IT Dept can figure out HOW to charge for bags they will.

I love this rumor. SW charges for pets, early boarding, 3rd or more bags, etc. Don't think they can figure out how to charge for the first two bags? GMAFB! IT is bad, but not that bad. They're waiting for their colossal screw up that was the "bags fly free" campaign to wear off, and hopefully, be forgotten.

Seen any "Bags fly free" ads lately? I sure haven't.

At least you knew where you stood with him.

Yep. I'd rather someone admit to being an adversary rather than pretending to be my buddy and smiling while he sticks a knife in my back, all the while talking about the "Golden Rule."

I love this rumor. SW charges for pets, early boarding, 3rd or more bags, etc. Don't think they can figure out how to charge for the first two bags? GMAFB! IT is bad, but not that bad. They're waiting for their colossal screw up that was the "bags fly free" campaign to wear off, and hopefully, be forgotten.

Seen any "Bags fly free" ads lately? I sure haven't.

Ostrichboy,

They cant figure out a simple, consistent, efficient and safe Performence system for a fleet of 737s. 800s out of Midway in the summer and Key West on a wet runway. Nuff said. No single engine taxi on the largest fleet of high frequency aircraft in the world, during periods of the highest fuel prices. Trying to re invent reservation systems. International and ETOPS considered a challenge equal to spaceflight in the 1940s ..... And you don't believe they couldn't charge for extra bags ?

Wear goggles. Sand irritates the eye.

Latest resources

Back