• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another speed bump in the AT/SWA combination

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After a Negotiated agreement (that was produced by the AAI NC) the MEC decided they knew better and sh!t canned it.

You do realize that the first agreement was also the result of the MC having a gun held to their heads, right? Nothing in this process was ever in good faith. There were never any consensual deals.

Nothing in this process was ever in good faith. There were never any consensual deals.
All you need, unfortunately, is the *APPEARANCE* of a consensual deal to keep it safely out of court.

We all know (even the SWA people who keep trying to tote out that 84% vote) that it was under duress and threat of losing our jobs. They will keep talking about the vote turnout and we will keep clarifying the truth probably until we retire.

[deadhorse]

As for me, I'll keep dropping down to 18 days off or so, get as many weekends and holidays off as possible, and get as many long layovers as I can. I didn't get into a flying career to fly 20 days a month with 9 hour layovers every night in Amarillo or Buffalo.

Maybe I'll even upgrade before I'm 60. ;)

Call me crazy, but I'd much rather have some manager scream at me for a while then buy me a beer after reaching a fair deal than have some manager smile and tell me how wonderful his company is, then steal my seniority while holding a gun to my head.
Got a picture of that gun?

Ostrichboy,

They cant figure out a simple, consistent, efficient and safe Performence system for a fleet of 737s. 800s out of Midway in the summer and Key West on a wet runway. Nuff said. No single engine taxi on the largest fleet of high frequency aircraft in the world, during periods of the highest fuel prices. Trying to re invent reservation systems. International and ETOPS considered a challenge equal to spaceflight in the 1940s ..... And you don't believe they couldn't charge for extra bags ?

Wear goggles. Sand irritates the eye.
Dicko,

I am highly critical of SWA's shortcomings, and believe me, I agree with everything you mention above. But I was being specific. SW already charges for the third bag, and does have the IT capability to charge for the first two. You missed the part where I said that the reason they don't is because of their dumb a$$ misguided "bags fly free" campaign and their retarded public promise that "SW would never charge for bags". They need a little more time to pass before they renig on that promise.

I never, ever, praised their IT prowess.

Ostrichboy? Clever.

You do realize that the first agreement was also the result of the MC having a gun held to their heads, right? Nothing in this process was ever in good faith. There were never any consensual deals.

Who held a gun to their head early in the process, when just the AAI MC and the SWAPA MC were getting together? Who provided the duress?

Got a picture of that gun?
Sure, it's called the GK letter dated 2 days after the vote-down of SIA 1 and the road show video in Orlando 1 week before the vote.

;)

Seriously, dead horse. Everyone knows what the threat was and how it happened. To say it was voluntary on either side is just disingenuous. You guys got coerced just like we did, the difference is the coercion on our side was an end-run around M/B. Unfortunately, having a vote turnout as high as it was, even under duress, is *JUST* enough to keep a successful lawsuit about it from going anywhere.

So we'll all deal with it. My way is to work as little as possible so I'm reminded of it as little as possible. Other people will cope in their own way, and hopefully the economy will recover, growth will kick in with expansion into southern lattitudes, and it won't be as stagnant as we all fear.

Who held a gun to their head early in the process, when just the AAI MC and the SWAPA MC were getting together? Who provided the duress?
I think he's talking about everything that happened after the Process Agreement, right about the time SWA presented their idea of a "Fair integration", and our Merger Committee walked, thus setting up the next set of meetings where the pressure started getting applied and consensual went out the window.

No one.
However on one Saturday in July, management walked in and took over the negotiations. From that day forward it was a dog and pony show for the AAI guys, ultimately ending in what we have.
Believe it or don't, it doesn't matter anymore.

Latest resources

Back