Another speed bump in the AT/SWA combination

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ostrichboy,

They cant figure out a simple, consistent, efficient and safe Performence system for a fleet of 737s. 800s out of Midway in the summer and Key West on a wet runway. Nuff said. No single engine taxi on the largest fleet of high frequency aircraft in the world, during periods of the highest fuel prices. Trying to re invent reservation systems. International and ETOPS considered a challenge equal to spaceflight in the 1940s ..... And you don't believe they couldn't charge for extra bags ?

Wear goggles. Sand irritates the eye.
you are right, they know nothing! Only been at it for 40 years, they'll be out of business in a few quarters!

SWA will be hiring off the street for FAs starting at the beginning of the year. Makes perfect sense. Much cheaper to hire at first year pay, than to transition FAs at higher steps on the payscale.
I talked with some SWA F/As and the hiring will be internals only and it is due to -800s replacing the classics and 717s as the -800s need that 4th F/A.

I talked with some SWA F/As and the hiring will be internals only and it is due to -800s replacing the classics and 717s as the -800s need that 4th F/A.
We are overstaffed by your staffing ratio.

They could take our F/A's and not have any problem with staffing on our side and fix the problem on your side of an extra needed 4th F/A, but they're not.

Inquiring minds want to know why. Doesn't make any sense whatsoever unless it really IS all about the money, regardless of what it does to employee morale.

As far as Kolski goes, not sorry to see him leave. Never did like the "I'm going to scream at you in the room then we can go have a beer and stare at women because it's all a big game to me" approach.

That said, from my vantage point, the approach SWA management appears to have taken is "Keep your friends close, your enemies closer." It's certainly hard to tell which one you are on any given day.

Last edited:
longevity and benefits dont grow on trees

a colleague of mine here in china has a SWA FA wife who has dropped all her trips for 2 years and goes to recurrent but keeps the insurance....weren't they going to crack down on this and change the work rules etc for FAs?

As far as Kolski goes, not sorry to see him leave. Never did like the "I'm going to scream at you in the room then we can go have a beer and stare at women because it's all a big game to me" approach.

Call me crazy, but I'd much rather have some manager scream at me for a while then buy me a beer after reaching a fair deal than have some manager smile and tell me how wonderful his company is, then steal my seniority while holding a gun to my head.

Call me crazy, but I'd much rather have some manager scream at me for a while then buy me a beer after reaching a fair deal than have some manager smile and tell me how wonderful his company is, then steal my seniority while holding a gun to my head.

Which fair deal were you referring to that was agreed to by Kolski and then followed through by the company?

some manager smile and tell me how wonderful his company is, then steal my seniority while holding a gun to my head.

After a Negotiated agreement (that was produced by the AAI NC) the MEC decided they knew better and sh!t canned it.

You stuck your head out of the fox hole and got shot, even though we told you not too. Then your surprised? It was said on this forum many, many times that SW management would bring the hammer if needed. The rest is history.

Latest resources

Back