• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another PFT.....WTF!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only downside is your paying for training, taking a job away from someone else, and then you don't even get to keep the job.

These pilots that fill these positions would need a job in the workfoce anyway. As a CFI, banner pilot, or even airline/charter pilot. So the only thing they are doing is making other jobs more abundant. Our airline feeds its pilot group from the street and GAA. That is how it is and how its going to be. Get used to it. GIA also gives jobs to pilots who are on furlough, allowing families to eat dinner every night.

The FO is ABSOLUTELY taking a job away from another pilot.

Yes, he or she is taking THEIR job.

Why do you act like someone is stealing from you when they aren't? Before you criticize GIA or GAA, take a good look at yourself and the industry you are in. Maybe your employer isn't treating you so fairly.

The_Russian said:
Yes, he or she is taking THEIR job.

Why do you act like someone is stealing from you when they aren't? Before you criticize GIA or GAA, take a good look at yourself and the industry you are in. Maybe your employer isn't treating you so fairly.

To the tune of nearly 30,000 big ones. If the FO has 30,000 bucks to spend on a $9/hour job, then he/she definitely has plenty of money to put food on their families table.

I act like someone is stealing from me, because in a sense they are. When GIA doesn't have to pay labor wages OR training wages, it allows them to undercut other airlines for flying, which takes away from REAL jobs where people actually make a little bit of money (not just 9k a year -- well, less the 30k given to the company upfront).

Rationalize it all you want. GIA is worse than PFT. At least if someone pays solely for their training, most companies will pay them an okay wage. But for someone to PFT and then work for 9 or 8 bucks an hour. That's rediculous.

Well, normally at airlines, open time and sick calls are handled by reserves who get paid at regular wages, not some PFT'r who gets $9 an hour.

Still, I love how you are upset with the CA PFT/PFJ, after all, that keeps the FO seat open for you and your PFT friends or perhaps you can go take one of the many other jobs it opens up like banner towing, flight instructing.

"Please remember that I am not defending PFT. I am very much against it. The GIA FO program is not PFT."

No, then what the heck is it?

Oh, you can rationalize and explain etc., just like the scabs did, but it will follow you for a long time to come. Because THAT is how it is going to be!

Last edited:
$4,000 doesn't sound that bad. not that i would ever do PFT. but what's gulfstream charging nowadays? and phoenix east aviation? all i remember with them is that stupid picture of a KingAir on the beach. god.

What do you have to say for COMAIR (Delta) Connection guys, its the same thing am I wrong?

I don't understand the Russian. He is mad at others for commiting the same crime he is guilty of. Sounds like your typical Communist Russian.

i don't look at comair as PFT... it's just another big-name pilot factory. you are not buying a job when you pay to train at comair. the only thing you get paid for at comair is being a CFI, whereas with PFT they pay you like $8/hr to be a FO on a beech 1900 or something. i dunno if you want to call their "guaranteed job interview" pay for training or not, but DCA is just another GROSSLY overpriced flight school.

Look guys,

There is a lot of difference between buying some time in the right seat of a 121 B1900, and buying your job. The Captain PFJ program is outright buying employment. Much like other past regional PFT/PFJ jobs (CMR, Colgan, Etc....). When you sign on the line for the FO program, it is not in writing, nor implied that you have bought a job. There is no intent by the student to have a job. The training experiance is given with the intent of the student going to another regional. That is why the FO program is not considered PFJ/PFT, because you are not buying a job that you could possibly stay at as long as you want. If you are still confused, then it is only because you don't understand how we do things down here at GIA/GAA. If you are angry at us, then you obviously need to be more open minded about life, happiness, and your financial strains.

So Russi, how long are you willing to pay for a little 121 flight time. How long do you think it'll be before Delta, AMR, etc. start asking Russi and the like to pay for a little 121 right seat time. You think the Tab express/Pan Am experiencee would pay of. I suppose your resonse to this will be...You don't care for the money you just want to fly cool airplanes. In that case I respond...crawl back up that Soviet Sh!t hole you were pulled out of and die. I want to, like you said earlier, feed my family.
Later

Can you read, speak, and understand the English language? It doesn't appear from your post that you can. That rant made absolutely no sense whatsoever. And for the one question that is legable:

I am not willing to pay for any more 121 time. 250 hours was enough. Now I have a job flying and I get paid for it.

Deciphered another one......hold on, here it goes...

No I don't want to "fly cool airplanes". The best flying I ever did was instructing. This airline BS just pays the bills. There is no difference to me between a 767 and a 1900 when it comes to "quality of flight". It's all the same boring straight and level.

I did what it took to get qualified for regional flying when the cards were down. It's too bad I took ahold of my career advancement. Sorry to ruin your day, obviously. You know nothing about me or GIA.

Please, keep your day job. Your writing skills suck pretty bad.

Last edited:
Hey crazy russian shut up you piece of Sh!t!!!

Just wanted to say hello,

And PCL where are you at now and how are things going?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back