• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another PFT.....WTF!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doesnt look like PFT to me. Unless you get hired first and go to Aeroservice for the training.

PFT is when the company you get HIRED with makes you PAY FOR the TRAINING. Whatever happens BEFORE you get HIRED is NOT PFT.

In this case, it looks like you are BUYING an interview.

bailout beat me to it, not PFT but pay for interview, which is still pretty shady. Their website doesn't show that they provide 1900 and Saab specific training, so you're not even getting a leg up as far as learning the aircraft you'll be flying. You're just paying 4 grand for what will probably amount to reading The Turbine Pilot's Flight Manual. Back when Colgan was PFT a friend of mine (not a good one) shelled out $6000 at RAA I think to get an interview, AND THEN gave Colgan $18,000 to be a Saab F/O. How's that for buying a job? Someone needs to take these guys out behind the dumpster and give 'em a good beating.

I can't believe someone just tried to differentiate paying for an interview and paying for training. Give me a break.

>>I can't believe someone just tried to differentiate paying for an interview and paying for training.<<

tried?? Its black and white. Is all the money you spent on your own flight training considered PFT? Dont think so.. According to you it is. This is the same thing. Its simply flight training. Im not saying I agree with it, but it is what it is.

Plenty of people are paying $6k+ to get a type rating in a 737 to get an interview at a certain Major... At least in THIS program, you KNOW you're going to get the interview for your $4k.

And you don't "need" any more than 1000PIC turbine, either... But it sure helps you get the interview, doesn't it? Come on, keep up with reality. :D

You know what I meant... If you don't have the type, you're not likely to get an interview, and if you DO get an interview and get a job offer, it's conditional on your procuring one of those type ratings before you plop your butt in ground school.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back