• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another PFT.....WTF!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is still a difference between paying to do a job when you are supposed to get paid to do the job. I can't think of too many other occupations where you have to pay to do a job.........aside from college expense which is required in most every industry. No hard feelings man, just gets to me because I wasn't offered a job because this other guy said he would pay for his type.

Hey, I think it's atrocious to pay for your job, too...

Honestly, I don't know what my point is anymore. The last time I paid for flight time I had 245hrs, and I made sure someone else paid ME for the rest of it. Ten years ago PFT was relatively normal, but nowadays it's retarded. There's no excuse to end up paying the Colgans for the privilege of working there.

So don't worry about the hard feelings, no offense was taken, esp. since I don't work for Colgan and never did.

We need to let the new pilots out there know that there are many of us that put pay for training on the same shelf as SCAB.....

You will never be hired by us and if we find ourselfs working next to you WATCH OUT!

These people think they have found the fast track to big jets....but they are doing permanent damage to thier resumes.

bailout said:
>>I can't believe someone just tried to differentiate paying for an interview and paying for training.<<

tried?? Its black and white. Is all the money you spent on your own flight training considered PFT? Dont think so.. According to you it is. This is the same thing. Its simply flight training. Im not saying I agree with it, but it is what it is.

People pay for flight training to gain a certificate or rating. This gives you neither. It is black and white -- as paying for an interview. Take the interview out of the scenario and see how many people sign up for the program. That will show you its all about the almighty interview.

Hey, let's have a contest here on Flight Info for the best essay from a PFT as to why they should get a job. Then we'll select a winner and tell them they get a job $ucking D!ck!

This sounds dangerously like Colgan. Hold me, I'm scared. That's all I need, my 700 hr FO stumbling over LaGuardia taxi instructions. This industry is going downhill quick. Pretty soon we will be paying the carrier for the privelege of flying their planes.

Finally some pilots that I can see eye to eye with. I cannot stand Gulfstream International pilots, never could, and never will. They are the lowest form of pilot that I know of. I have no respect for Pinnacle either. If it was not for Pinnacle, then Gulfstream would not get people to fly for it. Gulfstream is owned by an ex-Eastern scab by the way. I think his name is Tom Cooper. Not to single Gulfstream out, but since I work out of FLL now, those are the pilots that I come into contact with. Every PFT airline is absolutely sickening to me. People buy an airline ticket on Continental to get on a Gulfstream 1900 flown by what is virtually a student pilot. I should write an article to the USA Today explaining how it works. Maybe if the general public knew, things would be different.

This sounds dangerously like Colgan. Hold me, I'm scared. That's all I need, my 700 hr FO stumbling over LaGuardia taxi instructions. This industry is going downhill quick. Pretty soon we will be paying the carrier for the privelege of flying their planes.

WTF do hours have to do with it. When you blame things on the FO, it is because of your lack of confidence as a CPT. I hate flying with guys who think like you do.

Finally some pilots that I can see eye to eye with. I cannot stand Gulfstream International pilots, never could, and never will. They are the lowest form of pilot that I know of. I have no respect for Pinnacle either. If it was not for Pinnacle, then Gulfstream would not get people to fly for it. Gulfstream is owned by an ex-Eastern scab by the way. I think his name is Tom Cooper. Not to single Gulfstream out, but since I work out of FLL now, those are the pilots that I come into contact with. Every PFT airline is absolutely sickening to me. People buy an airline ticket on Continental to get on a Gulfstream 1900 flown by what is virtually a student pilot. I should write an article to the USA Today explaining how it works. Maybe if the general public knew, things would be different.

Oh no, you can't stand me! The lowest form of pilot? I wasn't aware that there are forms of pilots. And PCL too! Gosh those guys really suck. Trust me, GIA has people lined up out the door to be FO's and CPT's for their operation, PFT or not. So who cares if a scab owns the airline. There are a ton of scabs out there. You probably share the cockpit with some of them. Please write USA Today. Clear things up with the general public. Last time I flew with a female CPT this passenger told me that women shouldn't be flying airplanes. You think the public will even understand your idiodic jealousy of GAA's program? They might understand that pilots really are overpaid whiners afterwards! Go ahead and write!

Where do you work? Let us know what great operation you are involved in. You moron. Oh, and send me a nice little link of a picture of your face, so I can punch you in customs. Fcuking moron.

How did I know that the Russian would be making an appearance soon? :D

Latest resources

Back