• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another pay cut for Citationair!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Would you care to put up your pay, work rules, and miscellaneous compensation package against the NetJets 2007 Pilot CBA, negotiated while being represented by IBT?

The HORRIBLE pay, work rules and misc. compensation package that was negotiated by IBT for Flight Options was directly responsible for the Avantair union drive failing. I'm not at all familiar with what the IBT did (or did not) do for NetJets, so I can't comment on that. The non-union offerings by Avantair management are waaay better than what the Teamsters would have gotten for us, minus the mandatory salary deduction as an added bonus.

Better QOL without the monthly pay gouging? Works for me.

Last edited:
The HORRIBLE pay, work rules and misc. compensation package that was negotiated by IBT for Flight Options was directly responsible for the Avantair union drive failing. I'm not at all familiar with what the IBT did (or did not) do for NetJets, so I can't comment on that. The non-union offerings by Avantair management are waaay better than what the Teamsters would have gotten for us, minus the mandatory salary deduction as an added bonus.

Better QOL without the monthly pay gouging? Works for me.

So you don't want to take the challenge then. Fair enough. Kool aid tastes great, doesn't it. T-1Guy's post was spot on.

T-1's post was correct. And yet, so was mine. Weird world we live, uh?

Sure, I'll compare my wages against NJA,s but let use the old numbers. The "pre contract" numbers are less and the Post Contract are more. But you're arguing with one hand the IBT is great but admit with the other that NJA tossed them out with the trash.

When we're done with your pay challenge maybe we can whip out our pricks and compare the length too? Not sure what your point is with comparing NJA pay to VNR pay. Whatever,

My only point here is IBT sux. NJA sorta agrees with me. Your point is lost on me.

What Payscales are you referring too?

The one's in the FSH. I will receive a 2% raise this year instead of the 3% that I was scheduled to receive. This will be the 3rd year in a row that our scheduled pay raises have been reduced. And they wonder why a union was voted in.:erm:

X

I have 3 brothers who are Teamsters driving trucks in Westchester... I don't think you would want to compare pay with them....

This whole aviation industry makes me sick.

I finally make more than my brother on year 13 Falcon PIC pay.

College plus ATP w 4 types vs GED+ CDL.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the 2007 contract at NetJets was signed because of the resolve of the PILOTS at NetJets. We got little to no help from IBT national. If your local isn't strong and unified, neither will your CBA be.

After we got that CBA, we realized that IBT was more of a hindrance to us (by taking 20% of our dues with little in return) so we decided to form our own in house union.

I have 3 brothers who are Teamsters driving trucks in Westchester... I don't think you would want to compare pay with them....

This whole aviation industry makes me sick.

I finally make more than my brother on year 13 Falcon PIC pay.

College plus ATP w 4 types vs GED+ CDL.

Happiness is a personal choice. :pimp:

Citationshares put pay scales into effect in 2008 when they were loosing pilots by the truckload due to the netjets new contract and it's pay. The pay went into effect and all was well until the downturn 3 years ago. At that time management made a new payscale and published it it was reduced 2,3,4,5,6 percent dependent where you were in the scale also capt or FO. They did this same thing the next year ( always around Xmas) and poof a very large pay cut was taken although the company said it was not a paycut since no ones pay was cut...only your next amount expected has been reduced (sleeve balls comes to mind don't it)

Now they take the published rates and say to hell with them they are gone and you get a 2percent raise!!! Congratulations!!!

It must be mentioned the CEO who stepped down ( read fired) after the IBT was elected said last year " I wish these pay scales were never published, from now on consider them only informational" ( sleezeball comes to mind don't it)

This is the story......POS management is kicking the pilots butts because of the union vote, the girls and boys are being punished and the 1108 says don't say anything we are working on it don't rock the boat don't upSet the company it will hurt negotiations.....idiots!

As soon as the pay was cut again.......write every dam thing up and start to allow the company to see who has the real power to keep things smooth and flowing.......as was said a strong pilot group and a strong willed union not the Panay ass 1108 money grabbers!!!!

Latest resources

Back