Another dual engine flameout

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ultra Grump said:
I wasn't "yammering." I have heard that there were actually 2 other unreported engine flameouts in the 400 at Flops. I could be wrong, but it's what I've heard. If you consider that "yammering," so be it.

Where exactly did you hear that from? A co workers brothers cleaning lady who once delivered catering to a Flops pilot that said so?

Anybody that believes everything, or even half of the crap, they read on this board is a complete idiot. Hopefully the guy running this owner info site is not that stupid...but from some of the posts, it seems he may be. Don't you think if there were info of this nature out there in public knowledge, along with the specifics you requested, that it would have hit this board within 90 seconds? If it had, then you could research it...but you would probably take it at face value and publish it. :bomb:

dime line said:
"so, where does the truth lie"

You sound like a snake TV reporter just looking for somebody to buy into your website. Truth doesn't sell, Chaos sells.

So just for the record I fly the BJ for FLOPS and have so for a really, I meany really long time, and there have only been 2 such instances. That is it. This is not a FLOPS thing this is a fueling thing and could happen to "Any" company flying these motors.

Now you look at pilot training........hmmmmmmmm.......go and ask your local 6.00 per hr fuel man an see if he knows what "Prist" is. Prist is not a pilot thing, we have no way to "Really" know if prist is "Actually" being pumped into our planes. We have a "Good" idea when we see the handle turned from off to on or "Inject" on the fuel truck.

" can you give Tail #'s / dates / times? Pilots?"

Your smoking crack, go back to "my" first sentence
Dime Line,
We are group that represents the interests of owners - the ones that indirectly cause you to be able to get paid. Documenting when things happen is important (so that when they go to FLOPS and say "wtf"..they have some data.)

Re: not being a FLOPS thing..that is what we need to hear..and that was my hunch... I think FLOPS might just get the negative press since they are the heaviest users of the breed and if bad things happen.. more likely it will be to them.

Re: fuel guy training..this is a big deal and points to a problem that is more on the FBO side than it is on the operational side.

Re: buy into site.. and truth and all that.. we actually get paid to dig..and this forum seems like a good place to dig.. we have nothing to hide / no agenda.. just want frienly, helpful and respectful pilots like you to educate us ;)

Thanks for your help though.. I think your comments are important and will make our assesment more objective etc.

The tail #'s dates and time can be corroborated with the NTSB stuff.. if they were ever reported... if they weren't..then you have a serious problem on operations side since they should just come clean and deal with the problem. (That info can be shared with me privately btw via [email protected])

Off to my crack pipe,

Quebec Out

From what I've heard neither flameout had anything to do with prist. It was just a easy blame for the company. Pilot error is to blame from the rumors I hear.

choppengruven:

you need to know the facts before you post things like you did. How is it pilot error when you start to decend and both motors "just" quit. I'd love to know that one!

What makes you think I dont know the facts? hmm? I also fly the beechjunk just to let you know. I will however not post it here. I will not debate it here on a public forum. And BTW if you werent so aggresive in your posts you would probably get better feedback.

Last edited:
Flops

Flight Planners? Is that just another word for co-ordinator or is this something diff?

I don't know what happened in the airplane but I just heard that the two pilots were brought to Cleveland with their wives for the company Christmas/Kwuanza/Honika/Ramadan Party and were given a big Atta Boy by the CEO and each recieved a model of the Beech Jet .

They were then able to sit in the front row and watch as management handed out Awards and $1000 checks to the office folks who have been so successful in making Flight Options into the company that it is.
They did not receive a dime !!!! just an Atta Boy!!!!

They just saved a Multimillion dollar aircraft and their lives and get a few nice words when some office puke who figued out a way to save $3 in paper clips gets a $1000 check

Send in your cards !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Quebec said:
We are group that represents the interests of owners - the ones that indirectly cause you to be able to get paid.

we have nothing to hide / no agenda.. just want frienly, helpful and respectful pilots like you to educate us

In that case, I'm waiting for my login info for your site via PM. If you really value info from the pilots instead of simply BS that you read on the internet, you will allow those fractional pilots you want info from access to your forums without having to pay for it.

Don't expect a reply from me anytime soon...I'm going on vacation for the next 10 days, and won't be wasting my time checking the internet.. When I return, I expect to have a PM with my login info. I will be sure to let everybody here know whether or not you provide such info.

The only thing that is good to come out of quebec is Poutin and hamburger all the way. Even the hotel we stay at in Colibri is just good enough for snowmobiliers and our trailers.

FracCapt said:
Where exactly did you hear that from? A co workers brothers cleaning lady who once delivered catering to a Flops pilot that said so?

Anybody that believes everything, or even half of the crap, they read on this board is a complete idiot. Hopefully the guy running this owner info site is not that stupid...but from some of the posts, it seems he may be. Don't you think if there were info of this nature out there in public knowledge, along with the specifics you requested, that it would have hit this board within 90 seconds? If it had, then you could research it...but you would probably take it at face value and publish it. :bomb:
I never said I read it here. I didn't request any specifics. Who exactly are you responding to? If you're not responding to me, don't quote me before your response. If you are, get your facts straight. In any case, I don't have any corroborating evidence for what I heard - that's why I posted, to see if others had heard the same. So far, apparently not. And I'm not about to tell you where I heard it, but it was from a sufficiently reliable source that I can't discount it as false (yet).

Latest resources

Back