Another Busy Month Ferrying!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NW_Pilot said:
Yea, I am all up for flying across the North Atlantic hell for that matter even across the Pacific, but I do have a brain a some common sense thats why I required inspections which the buyer agreed to have done which made the expense estimate rather large. The buyer still cut a check that bounced uh!! Well!! payment was stopped. Because he found some fool that is willing to cut corners with safety and fly it for free and pay his way home out of pocket. There is no way I will fly a plane over large distance of water unless I have a wrench I trust look it over first. As for being fish food so be it!!!!! because it can happen to anyone at any time that dose this type of flying!

Pacific legs can be 20+ hours, and there are some people who have done 24+ hour legs in single engine planes.

If you do more ferry flights and build a reputation as someone competent and professional, you will get to see airports like Iqaluit, Sondrestromfjord, Goose Bay, St Johns, Bangor, Reykjvavik, Wick, etc. Maybe you can run into Tom Danaher if he is still doing any ferry flights. He is quite a character, having flown in WW2, and if you dont who who he his, you have seen his work in many movies.

At some point, hope for a breakdown in St Johns. Spending a couple days there is not a hardship at all :) Well the hardship part will be getting up to go fly after a night on George St.

moving2vegas said:
spoken like a true a$$hole

[FONT=&quot]Uh!!! What ever dude, In [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Forest[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Gump terms $hit Happens.

Man built it, so it will soon break at one point when you least expect it. I am a big fan of Murphy.[/FONT]

414Flyer said:
Pacific legs can be 20+ hours, and there are some people who have done 24+ hour legs in single engine planes.

If you do more ferry flights and build a reputation as someone competent and professional, you will get to see airports like Iqaluit, Sondrestromfjord, Goose Bay, St Johns, Bangor, Reykjvavik, Wick, etc. Maybe you can run into Tom Danaher if he is still doing any ferry flights. He is quite a character, having flown in WW2, and if you dont who who he his, you have seen his work in many movies.

At some point, hope for a breakdown in St Johns. Spending a couple days there is not a hardship at all :) Well the hardship part will be getting up to go fly after a night on George St.

I Will see all them airports one day it will take some time but i will eventually see them all... Why would any one ever want to fly human cattle around??

Is it hard to make a decent living doing this? Sounds more fun then flying for the airlines. How much are you charging to ferry a singe engine aircraft?

[FONT=&quot]Another Satisfied Customer, & Another Plane Delivered

Now On to North Cariloina Tuesday to LA. & going out tonight with wife.....
[/FONT]

Latest resources

Back