Another Busy Month Ferrying!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
xcr600 said:
Look at all these guys begging to sit in a bug smasher for hours on end for nothing........and what do you plan to do once you have the time?

I call sitting in a bug smasher for hours on end fun.....

NW_Pilot said:
It is, but you are also doing a job, and you should be paid for it. Ferrying without pay is just another part of the race to the bottom. A future GJer that loser who wants to do it for just expenses.

NW_Pilot said:

Me too. Some people need to think about what got them into this in the first place.

gkrangers said:
It is, but you are also doing a job, and you should be paid for it. Ferrying without pay is just another part of the race to the bottom. A future GJer that loser who wants to do it for just expenses.

I hope he is charging a respectable amount. There are people who do this job for a career, and not as a time builder, who find it harder and harder to make money at it each year. Downward pressure on wages isnt just at the airlines, but is also present now with ferry pilots, who are always up against people who fly for next to nothing or free.

414Flyer said:
I hope he is charging a respectable amount. There are people who do this job for a career, and not as a time builder, who find it harder and harder to make money at it each year. Downward pressure on wages isnt just at the airlines, but is also present now with ferry pilots, who are always up against people who fly for next to nothing or free.
Yep, it sucks for everyone. If you read the thread, NW got undercut by someone willing to do it for free, and without having the airplane inspected and such...pathetic.

Yeah I was on that thread from a month ago or so regarding that Moscow flight.

I am glad NWpilot did not end up doing it, not because I want him missing a job, but I didnt want him becoming fish food in the north Atlantic. The fact that whoever wanted that plane taken across, would prefer a pilot take it across WITHOUT a thorough inspection shows how sketchy it was, and whatever pilot who attempts to take it over, needs to be taken out behind the hanger and have some sense knocked into him, IF he survives this flight, which is not a certainty in my opinion.

The fact that someone is taking it over without an inspection, probably shows they have no idea what they are doing or getting into. I might end up making an atlantic crossing next month in a turboprop. But I have done it before, and its a far cry from some run out Baron with unknown history or maint status.

Way2Broke said:
Me too. Some people need to think about what got them into this in the first place.

Yes, Beats sitting in front of a computer in a room without windows for 18 hours a day earning carpel tunnel and back problems.

414Flyer said:

I ferry airplanes now for a living Yes I charge $$$$, I always make the trip an adventure and I am always sharpening my skills. The best part to me about ferrying airplanes is sitting on the hold short line or holding on the run way getting ready to take off in that make and model of airplane I have never flown.

Then you have the scenery and the odd places you visit.:beer:

Last edited:
414Flyer said:
Yeah I was on that thread from a month ago or so regarding that Moscow flight.

I am glad NWpilot did not end up doing it, not because I want him missing a job, but I didnt want him becoming fish food in the north Atlantic. The fact that whoever wanted that plane taken across, would prefer a pilot take it across WITHOUT a thorough inspection shows how sketchy it was, and whatever pilot who attempts to take it over, needs to be taken out behind the hanger and have some sense knocked into him, IF he survives this flight, which is not a certainty in my opinion.

The fact that someone is taking it over without an inspection, probably shows they have no idea what they are doing or getting into. I might end up making an atlantic crossing next month in a turboprop. But I have done it before, and its a far cry from some run out Baron with unknown history or maint status.

Yea, I am all up for flying across the North Atlantic hell for that matter even across the Pacific, but I do have a brain a some common sense thats why I required inspections which the buyer agreed to have done which made the expense estimate rather large. The buyer still cut a check that bounced uh!! Well!! payment was stopped. Because he found some fool that is willing to cut corners with safety and fly it for free and pay his way home out of pocket. There is no way I will fly a plane over large distance of water unless I have a wrench I trust look it over first. As for being fish food so be it!!!!! because it can happen to anyone at any time that dose this type of flying!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back