Another BIG Global Express Deal for Netjets/Netjets Europe Competitor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey X-Rated,

I think you mentioned previously that you operate out of the Middle East. Do you see much of VistaJet and their Globals there? Are they becoming more of a presence?

Yeah, I see them fairly often both in Dubai and in Europe. I went on one of their Global 6000's and was chatting with the crew about the new avionics. The vision cockpit is pretty sweet. The one thing they complained about was the flight director no longer having an option for V-bars or Crossbars. The new system only displays flight path vector with the circle and donut similar to what is depicted on the HUD. Their crews go back and forth between the XRS and 6000, and they miss the V-bars when they fly the 6000. Otherwise, the new system is very intuitive and provides unparalleled SA.

Yeah, I see them fairly often both in Dubai and in Europe. I went on one of their Global 6000's and was chatting with the crew about the new avionics. The vision cockpit is pretty sweet. The one thing they complained about was the flight director no longer having an option for V-bars or Crossbars. The new system only displays flight path vector with the circle and donut similar to what is depicted on the HUD. Their crews go back and forth between the XRS and 6000, and they miss the V-bars when they fly the 6000. Otherwise, the new system is very intuitive and provides unparalleled SA.[/QUOTE

Is that true? That would drive me nuts! I like having the choice between SC or CP. On the G550 we have the HUD option as well on the PFD which I find silly as if I want the presentation I will just flip down the glass!

In the ground trainer I did use the HUD presentation so I could get used to it as the examiner checked us on HUD usage on our type ride.

Haven't seen a 6000 yet. What are the advertised numbers?

Cheers-

Rum

Rum,

The 6000 is just an XRS with new avionics. Actually, the name change was an after thought when they announced the clean sheet 7000 and 8000 to go along with the XRS and 5000. All of the 6000s that have been delivered so far were initially ordered and spec'ed as XRS's with vision avionics. However, Bombardier is now advertising the range at a more reasonable 6000 nm instead of the 6150 they used to claim with the XRS. It's exactly the same airplane other than the avionics though. Just a name change that just so happens to fit the range profile and coincide with the implementation of the new avionics package.

I think most pilots would agree with you. Give us the option to choose what we like best. However, I believe they wanted standardized symbology on the HUD and PFD.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back