Another awesome<sarcasm> aviation job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mcjohn said:
O.K. pilotyap, I'll keep those Single Engine Lands humming right along.
Sounds like you're looking to play avbug for awhile. Let the fun begin!

I don't agree with PilotYIP's point of view on this subject, He is pretty knowledgeable and nowhere near as condescending as Avbug.

pilotyip said:
Yea, Capt Mark your college educated you should be able to read between the lines. If I said it to you over the phone the phone you would have never figured it out.

Sorry, and no offense to you pilotyip but your (you're) quote about Capt Mark being college educated makes me wonder after all, "maybe it was worth it." I don't see how telling him over the phone the phone would make any difference though.

Sled, If I had said it to Capt Mark over the phone he would not have known I split Jet Blue into two words. It would have sounded like Jetblue without the split even thought if I was reading with a split. This should just split you right up after going into deep thought upon the implications of the split versus the non-split. Kinda like to go to college or not go to college.

Hey pilotyip. Thanks for the PM. I think we're kind of talking about a couple different things here. I'm responding to the original post about an employer that wants 12,000 for training and mentions doing office work as part of the deal. I say NO WAY. I have been jaded by filthy rich employers like that who justify it by stating the phrase "It's just the game that everybody plays and it pretty much goes on everywhere." These are BAD employers. Everything was handed to these types their whole life and now they run businesses with either inherited or trust fund money and still think that they can have slave like employees handed to them. They passionately believe in Pay to Play and enjoy knowing that they will make a good profit and not stress about breaking even. Too bad when a 30 year old married man who already has debt and owns a nice home that he has to pay for comes along and has to explain to these greedy managers that HIS TIME IS REALLY WORTH SOMETHING! They don't care. They get offended! I'm a man of principle and I know that I don't like what I see at the top of the PFT pyramid. Sure, it works and has benefitted many but I want to make it very clear to others out there that you don't have to invest in buying your multi time to get ahead. Companies like ACC and Pinnacle and plenty others will give us SELers great opportunities to hop right into turbine equipment. And if that fails then we go to the single pilot 135 piston operators and join a club that many can't say they've experienced and that will ultimately pay off in the long run. Also, I'm well aware of your position with a good company. You told me about an open house I should attend a while back. You have my utmost respect and I hope to meet you one day. But I will not stand for anyone portraying that it is best to buy all of your multi time to just to get ahead in aviation.

Again Mcjohn PFT was the way of early 90's it was very common, many of the Capt.’s at JetBlue, AirTran, SWA, etc. all started with PFT. Yes times have changed, but it is up to each individual to make his own decision on how to go about pursuing his career. It is not anyone's job to judge how someone went about getting to a career position. This may not be a good job for anyone, but not all PFT's should be overlooked strictly on principal. Again best of luck.

Regarding PFT, the one subject always left out of the discussion is personal integrity and respect for yourself and other people.

Those who participate in it, as employers or employees, simply have none.

PFT was a way of life in the mid 90's many of today's successful pilots started their careers doing PFT. Waldom it is not your role to judge how one goes about their career. Are you going to quiz prospective future employers to see if they have any PFT'ers in their ranks? Are you going to refuse to fly with them on principal? When does personal integrity only when going to work for Gulfstream but not when offered a job at Jetblue? I sure the Jetblue ranks include at least one PFTer in their ranks.

pilotyip said:
PFT was a way of life in the mid 90's many of today's successful pilots started their careers doing PFT. Waldom it is not your role to judge how one goes about their career. Are you going to quiz prospective future employers to see if they have any PFT'ers in their ranks? Are you going to refuse to fly with them on principal? When does personal integrity only when going to work for Gulfstream but not when offered a job at Jetblue? I sure the Jetblue ranks include at least one PFTer in their ranks.

Actually, I wasn't judging anyone. My previous post is simply a factual statement, not an opinion.

Waldom: Those who participate in it, as employers or employees, simply have none. What makes this factual and not judgemental?

Latest resources

Back