Another awesome<sarcasm> aviation job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pilotyip said:
Its MEL Turbine time, that gets you the next job. It is an opportunity that a few may use as a stepping stone. Nothing wrong wiht that. This is where the job at FedEx and SWA, Jet Blue starts.

no this is where the road to the welfare line starts.

McJohn, your stance echos I will never work in the 135 on-deamnd business because of whatever. Seeing your present time in your profile, looks like you could use some MEL. There are ton of capts in great jobs today at a number of airlines that took the PFT route, in the mid 90's. It was common at almost everyplace, Netjets, Valuejet (AirTran), most of the regionals. That was there choice. Best of luck in your career pursuit, keep those SELs humming.

pilotyip said:
Its MEL Turbine time, that gets you the next job. It is an opportunity that a few may use as a stepping stone. Nothing wrong wiht that. This is where the job at FedEx and SWA, Jet Blue starts.

jetblue???

Yea, Capt Mark your college educated you should be able to read between the lines. If I said it to you over the phone the phone you would have never figured it out.

pilotyip said:
Yea, Capt Mark your college educated you should be able to read between the lines. If I said it to you over the phone the phone you would have never figured it out.
pilotyip said:
Seeing your present time in your profile, looks like you could use some MEL. Best of luck in your career pursuit, keep those SELs humming.
O.K. pilotyap, I'll keep those Single Engine Lands humming right along.
Sounds like you're looking to play avbug for awhile. Let the fun begin!

mcjohn said:
I did take a music history class in college and I THINK I learned what a VIOLA is.

Ummm, yeah, there's a world of difference between transposing the vowels in a dipthong and using words you don't know, and haven't a clue how they are spelled.

What's worse? Going to a school like Comair or whatever it's called now and spending $80,000 for your ratings or spending lets say $30,000 (including the training) and taking this job.

You start at about the same salary if you'd happen to get on with a regional after your Comair experience and like Yip said it would be a stepping stone...

Latest resources

Back