• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another article about DL's CFO meeting with NWA MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep repeating yourselves and maybe an arbitrator will hear.

Wait, try clicking your heels three times and maybe that arbitrator will take you to your dreamy place.

Last edited:
Keep repeating yourselves and maybe an arbitrator will hear.

Wait, try clicking your heels three times and maybe that arbitrator will take you to your dreamy place.

The last arbitrator (NIC) did relative seniority. That is the most fair, and he added some people here and there for size of plane and type of flying, which also is fair. You need to take off your high heels lady.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

I kept my vacation.....and I don't really care what size airplane I fly.....
Sorry Joe, I'm gonna call BS on this one! You know damn well what your lawsuit was about! Restricting the size of airplanes.
I just wish my ATR wasn't going away....That is a Delta decision however and I guess they don't realize that oil is at 135 dollars a barrel....
Nobody ever accused DAL management of being very smart!

As far as vacation....it wasn't Myrtle Beach....I took the boat to the Keys and some guy in Key West told me to tell you that the test came back negative......
I thought you and jmoney broke up?:laugh:

one thing is for sure, the final award will have nothing to do with anything we say via this forum. So anyone who claims they know what "will" happen is FOS.

one thing is for sure, the final award will have nothing to do with anything we say via this forum. So anyone who claims they know what "will" happen is FOS.

You are right that the SLI will not be determined here and no one knows for sure exactly what an arbitrator will decide, but in all likelihood, it will be a simple snap shot, head count and slotting of comparable positions brought to the merger.

Just look at Nicolau and you'll see the blue print for this integration. There are some differences of course. We both have wide bodied international flying for example. So it's not a matter of stapling a certain number of pilots to the top of the list to account for one group having widebodied international flying and another not. It's just a matter of adjusting the numbers on the top to account for the differences in the proportion of international flying. The same will be done with the 757s and 737s, A320/319s etc.

Heyas,

Typically, when snapshots are used for integration, the lists on the date of "constructive notification" are used.

This date is usually the date the merger is announced, which was some months ago.

Nu

Heyas,

Typically, when snapshots are used for integration, the lists on the date of "constructive notification" are used.

This date is usually the date the merger is announced, which was some months ago.

Nu

So, an arbitrator wouldn't take into account that oil prices now are worse than they were back then, and maybe the DC9s have less of a shelf life now? He would only look at the time period of the date of announcement? Nothing has changed since then in his mind, right? DC9s and 742s are actually GOOD for our combined airline now, right?

Bye Bye--General Lee

So, an arbitrator wouldn't take into account that oil prices now are worse than they were back then, and maybe the DC9s have less of a shelf life now? He would only look at the time period of the date of announcement? Nothing has changed since then in his mind, right? DC9s and 742s are actually GOOD for our combined airline now, right?

Bye Bye--General Lee

See, even a moron can learn. Who would've thunk!

See, even a moron can learn. Who would've thunk!

They could be gone before we go to an arbitrator for the SLI. High oil may get rid of them, and at least you have Compass for your junior guys to fall back on. We are still getting 777s and 73NGs supposely, on firm order.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Bye Bye--General Lee

Um, no. It's simply a date on the calendar. He or she says "ok, when did everyone know about the merger?", finds out the date, and that's what it is.

Nothing complicated about it. Lot's of precedent.

Nu

Latest resources

Back