• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Annoying things your CA/FO does, 2011 version

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
200 is the limitation, if you can't wait till a few knots under to ask for flaps at least make sure you are not a few knots over when you call 8 or 20.

If you are doing a space shuttle approach you probably don't need to add power when the flaps come in.

I get annoyed when the other pilot assumes that you're of his political and/or religious persuasion and their attempt at a conversation reflects this assumption. i.e. Don't automatically start bashing a political figure thinking that I agree.

IMHO, unless you know each other well enough, political and religious discussions in the cockpit are inappropriate.

I don't know why it bothers me so much but I hate it when the other person does not offer to share the paper he/she got free from the hotel. Instead of just putting it up on the glare shield as an unspoken offering I end up dumpster diving in the trash bag hoping no coffee got on it. What a tool.

I get annoyed when the other pilot assumes that you're of his political and/or religious persuasion and their attempt at a conversation reflects this assumption. i.e. Don't automatically start bashing a political figure thinking that I agree.

IMHO, unless you know each other well enough, political and religious discussions in the cockpit are inappropriate.

Liberal

It always irritated me when someone would turn the autopilot off descending out of 10,000' because it increased my work load, but I never understood the thinking of taking away the FD too and trying to be super pilot. Sure some people can do a respectable job flying that way, but I have yet to see one be able to do it and look out the window, not to mention the close calls with heading and altitudes.

I do this all the time. What's so hard about it? You can't imagine how easy it is to turn to 090, or 180 or 270 or 360 (or even 10 deg on either side) without ever looking at your HSI, heading bug, or flight director...just follow the roads...plus as a bonus, with my eyes outside I get to look for traffic all the while turning to a cardinal heading (did I mention that I can do all of these things will chewing gum? It's really an amazing sight to see).

200 is the limitation, if you can't wait till a few knots under to ask for flaps at least make sure you are not a few knots over when you call 8 or 20.

THAAAAAAANK YOU!

I can think of at least a dozen limitations (literally...and yes I know what "literally" means) the former HMFIC used to get pissy with me about. It's a limitation. Just follow it.

-mini

Latest resources

Back