• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Annoying crap the CA/FO does

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can see the ear buds, backpack and me generation FO right in my head ;)

The lack of respect for any experience his captain has is also evident.

We all have to work together.
We are on the same team.

I get it, you are not happy at what you are doing.
Reserve sucks and so does your paycheck. Upgrades are nowhere in sight. Maybe the ER pro pilot degree payments are getting you down. Not sure what it is, but you might want to consider your next career~

Right on.....how about.........unprofessional!

Annoying quirk #1: Posts his gripes on the internet instead of having the stones to speak up when he is offended. You sir (and I use that term "sir" in the most ironic way possible) are a tool. Shut up and sling the gear.

But since you started it:
1. You are my responsibility, there for you are MY FO for the time being, as much as that may be a burden to me.

2. The CA sets the pace. Your turn will come to do everything at warp speed. What's the rush, btw?

3. Then center it yourself.

4. My kids and church or BBQ or whatever is way more interesting than listening to you lie about how much tail you pulled in college or how you were a total bada$$ at the "academy."

5. I like it there. If you have a problem with it speak up.

6. Why yes, I am wearing cowboy boots. What's it to ya?

Last edited:
Why do I get the feeling I just bit the flame bait?

Hey, it's entertaining for your $10 or free in my case.

Seriously, this attitude has been seen more and more.

When I was an FO, not too long ago, I sucked in all I could, all the good stuff and promised I would never duplicate the crap I saw.

That is your job as the FO.
Take notes!
Adopt everything you see that is awesome.
Vow to repeat nothing that you think is crap.

If you think everything is crap..then find another profession, or apply for management? ;)

How about

"The FO"

And "The FAs"

To the CA's:
1. Okay then you are "F/O No-name remembered" then. I would rather be thought of as "My black F/O" or "My F/O".
2. Please dont begin to tell me that you havent been caught off guard and behind before. I know I have at least 5 times...ironically all of them were out of PVD after drinking the last Cran-Apple.
3. One of my OCD things is an un-aligned HDG bug. I dont set it for anyone else but whenever it's unset for longer than about eh...5 minutes I start staring at the button.
4. What else are you going to talk about on a 27 hour 4 day trip? I dont think there are any CAs out there ( at least at my company ) who would intentionally start a conversation about this unless they thought its where you wanted to go. A few I've flown with knew I am a liberal who loves political conversation so thats what the trip was about. Somehow I dont think that made sense...its late.
5. Well if you have a big issue with this then speak up. Nothing will get done unless you say something about it. You dont even have to come off like an a** or anything. We're all professional adults here right?
6. How do you know he or she is wearing boots? Have you seen the CA in just the boots? Sometimes the only way I know is that they tell me.

Most likely is flame bait, but I like this quote a lot:

"You are my responsibility, there for you are MY FO for the time being, as much as that may be a burden to me."

Enough time has passed, it's ready to start a new CA vs. FO thread.​

To the CA's:
1. I am not "your FO". Please do not refer to the guy you are flying with as "my FO". Same goes to FA's.
2. When you call for a Checklist, you should actually be ready to respond to it. Me: "T/O data and Speeds", CA: fumbles around for 2 minutes trying to set speeds....then, "Set".
3. Quit centering the heading bug when I am flying. I promise you, the plane will not veer violently off course if the heading bug is 3 degrees to the left.
4. I could care less about your church or your kids. Seriously... Religion and Kids can stay at home.
5. Don't leave your friggin flight case on the floor behind the center pedestal. Put it in the damn place beside your seat. No, I don't like scrambling over your bag every time I step into/out of the cockpit.
6. Are you wearing cowboy boots?​

Your CA sets the takeoff data and speeds, WOW which company do you fly for???? Seriously Dude you need to chill the only thing that you might have a point in is the CA reaching up and fiddling with your headings but more than likely He/She is right and you're wrong. Center the heading bug!! I promise you when you sit on that left seat you will get it, meanwhile enjoy the free ride.

Latest resources

Back