• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Uncle Bunkle

Enough time has passed, it's ready to start a new CA vs. FO thread.​

To the CA's:
1. I am not "your FO". Please do not refer to the guy you are flying with as "my FO". Same goes to FA's.
2. When you call for a Checklist, you should actually be ready to respond to it. Me: "T/O data and Speeds", CA: fumbles around for 2 minutes trying to set speeds....then, "Set".
3. Quit centering the heading bug when I am flying. I promise you, the plane will not veer violently off course if the heading bug is 3 degrees to the left.
4. I could care less about your church or your kids. Seriously... Religion and Kids can stay at home.
5. Don't leave your friggin flight case on the floor behind the center pedestal. Put it in the damn place beside your seat. No, I don't like scrambling over your bag every time I step into/out of the cockpit.
6. Are you wearing cowboy boots?​

Last edited:
1. It's easier to say "my FO" than it is to fumble through my pockets looking for my trip sheet because I forgot your name.
4. What the hell else are you supposed to talk about throughout a 4 day trip?
5. I don't put my flight case there because that's where my lunch bag goes

Sorry but it's my FA, unless she's pushing >140. Then she's our FA, and I delegate it as your job to keep her occupied. Gay? Yep, your's too!

To the CA's:
1. I am not "your FO". Please do not refer to the guy you are flying with as "my FO". Same goes to FA's.
2. When you call for a Checklist, you should actually be ready to respond to it. Me: "T/O data and Speeds", CA: fumbles around for 2 minutes trying to set speeds....then, "Set".
3. Quit centering the heading bug when I am flying. I promise you, the plane will not veer violently off course if the heading bug is 3 degrees to the left.
4. I could care less about your church or your kids. Seriously... Religion and Kids can stay at home.
5. Don't leave your friggin flight case on the floor behind the center pedestal. Put it in the damn place beside your seat. No, I don't like scrambling over your bag every time I step into/out of the cockpit.

You've got to be ####ing me! Like said before, you will go far in life....

hey unclebuck shut up and get the gear up do your time then you can set the tone until then grin and bear it

To the CA's:

I can see the ear buds, backpack and me generation FO right in my head ;)

The lack of respect for any experience his captain has is also evident.

We all have to work together.
We are on the same team.

I get it, you are not happy at what you are doing.
Reserve sucks and so does your paycheck. Upgrades are nowhere in sight. Maybe the ER pro pilot degree payments are getting you down. Not sure what it is, but you might want to consider your next career~

Latest resources

Back