Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

And the rudest, most unprofessional FA's are...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know a couple of flight attendants that started at NWA (younger than 21) who are now at SWA. They hated it there. Not much socializing. In contrast, SWA Captains actually buy the new FO's and FA's refreshments during/after dinner.

Question for NWA people...

Do you put you FA's up in different hotels? Why?

At a previous employer they would split us up all the time. I heard AA banned overnight drinking for a few years. Great way to increase sick calls. Why is it "Wrong" to enjoy your job????

Keep in mind this is a question for the PM'ers. The AM'ers work for different airlines.

Last edited:
TWA Dude said:
You know some ex-TWA FA's that went to AA? That's interesting considering AA hasn't hired off the street since furloughs began. Come back to Earth when you know what the hell you're talking about.

Guess I did mean Eagle. Do you think becasue someone got furloughed that they are done with working and wouldnt pursue work somewhere else? Sure would be nice if it were that way, but thats just not a fact of life.....guess I need to spell that out for you as you dont comprehend that fact. Some are a little slow and you must be one of those. Dont worry about it dude.

FlyBoeingJets said:
Question for NWA people...
Do you put you FA's up in different hotels? Why?

Sometimes. When The cockpit crew is on a different pattern we don't always stay at the same hotel. The pilots may be at the long hotel, and the F/A's may be at the short one...or vice versa.

On the DC-9 everybody stays at the same place. It's still a "common crew" fleet. Up until 1998 all fleets were crewed that way.

FlyBoeingJets said:
I heard AA banned overnight drinking for a few years.

Did that increase daytime drinking?

FlyBoeingJets said:
Great way to increase sick calls. Why is it "Wrong" to enjoy your job????

Ok..I'll bite. Why is it "wrong" to enjoy you job?

My point was management at some airlines go to great lengths to limit crew options during overnights just to prevent "problems". Haven't seen that at SWA. No bragging, just pointing out what I see.

I think this may make the FA's (and pilots) somewhat unhappy.

If I want someone to control every minute of my day I can go overseas for 90 days.....

FBJ, part of it is because of the varying fleet types. It's a lot simpler when your dealing with one type of aircraft like we had during the shuttle day's. We would routinely take out the same FA's after a layover and stay at the same hotels, all that changed when they got rid of the UAL shuttle.

Also keep in mind that their contracts are different, what may be an acceptable hotel to a FA may not be ours and vice versa.
I don't think it's purely a management ploy to divide the work force in so much as different contracts and rest requirements required by the two unions. But yes it would be nice to keep some kind of crew integrity during an ID, and not have to change crews at every hub we transit.

Peace

Guitar rocker said:
Guess I did mean Eagle.
I guess you did. Your humility is humbling ... NOT!
Do you think becasue someone got furloughed that they are done with working and wouldnt pursue work somewhere else?
What an amazing talent you have to carry on a conversation with yourself. All I did was point out your inaccurate statement about ex-TWA FA's at AA. Everything else you attribute to me occured within your head only. I hope the sky is a pretty color on your planet.

koko nw said:
FBJ, part of it is because of the varying fleet types. It's a lot simpler when your dealing with one type of aircraft like we had during the shuttle day's. We would routinely take out the same FA's after a layover and stay at the same hotels, all that changed when they got rid of the UAL shuttle.

Although we operate one fleet type, we rarely have the same F/A's the entire day. Sometime you hit the hotel alone and wander to the lounge to co*kblock another crew and steal the stews. :beer:

worst experience lately was on UAL.

Commuting as much as I do, I've seen a lot of good FAs and I've seen a few bad ones. To pin down one airline and say their FAs are the worst is unfair to the majoriy who do a good job. Now with us, JFK crews are pretty cool for the most part. FLL has an attitude primarily because most of them are super senior and they know it all, and LGB, they're all California Dreamin'. Most Ok, some real b's and a few hotties!

One thing that does get me going is that when some get a jumpseat, they don't even stop by to say hi or even ask for a ride. Jumpseat protocol is about the only thing we have direct control over and because we let offline FAs fly our jumpseats doesn't mean it's a right. Please put the message out that FAs should do us the courtesy of asking for a seat instead of assuming they got a ticket, now they're a paying pax.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back