• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

And The Answer Is....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In case you missed it, we have a TA... and a pretty good one at that. May I respectfully suggest that you pick up your pen (or play with your mouse.... it's a computer age) and vote yay or nay in respect to your own career expectations instead of trying to burn the house down. The TA we have is less than perfect, but it's a helluva lot better than any TA your "coalition" would have delivered. Your job is secure, John. You can continue to make payments on the houses and the boats. In fact, you got a raise. Who's to thank for that? ALPA? Surely not! I know you voted yes to an ALPA negotiated TA, and yet you continue to bash the very organization that got you a fairly nice raise and a huge bump in QOL. Keep fighting your fight, JB. You get more and more irrelevant with every passing day.

FmrFreightDog,

I already voted Yes..... it is a fair TA.... one that we could have had over a year ago if we were more reasonable, and one that would have been very similar to the Coalition's....

My job is not secure however..... We face competition from both sides..... On the one side, other regionals are undercutting us, and on the other side, the mainline pilots are undercutting our 70/90 rates in order to recapture flying..... In this environment one's job is never "secure"..... Our new scope section is of little help.....

While I voted YES, we could have done better, especially with 700 rates if we weren't competing with every ALPA carrier for this flying..... ALPA has failed to maintain control of the flying and therefor we have to compete.... We could do better, but people like yourselves are too busy praising ALPA instead of demanding better....

What do you care anyway..... haven't you moved on to "greener pastures"......

As you know, I hate Pinnacle Airlines with a passion, but I'd rather work there than Skywest any day. I don't care for being an "at will" employee. I want representation, I want a voice in my career, and I want to contribute to my profession. Many of the Skywest pilots that voted YES this time were the same guys that were hard-core anti-union last time. They learned that the above things are important. Many of the 65% will come to the same conclusion over the coming years.
You're so full of it.
You would have paid for a job at SkyWest had they offered it.

No, I'm pissed. Y'all just don't get it. You want to flip off the rest of the industry instead of getting on board, fine, prepare to live with the result of your actions. Scab.
John, I get it. I'm upset too. I voted "yes". Search for and read my other posts. I'm not a scab, neither are those in my pilot group who made an INFORMED decision and voted their conscious with a "no". The apathetic ones, who just don't give a rat's @ss about themselves or their fellow pilots and just didn't pick up the phone, well John, even they aren't scabs.

You probably think anyone who doesn't see things your way is a scab, huh? It is exactly this mentality that turned a lot of the 65% of the pilot group against ALPA. John, YOU are part of the reason ALPA was turned down. Your closed-minded, insult slinging ignorance is an insult to the rest of ALPA and to all pilots.

You and I have agreed on a lot of things on this board, but you have this character flaw that I think you need to take a hard look at.

Fly safe.

-JP

Agreed. While MBJ might think Tanqueray Ten Martinis are for sissies, I think the world could use more drunks. As Lyndon B Johnson said "I feel sorry for the man that doesn't drink. When he wakes up in the morning that's the best he's going to feel all day".
See John, you have good taste, so you can't be all bad. You know what a real martini is.

I'm not a hater, bro.

-JP

John, I get it. I'm upset too. I voted "yes". Search for and read my other posts. I'm not a scab, neither are those in my pilot group who made an INFORMED decision and voted their conscious with a "no". The apathetic ones, who just don't give a rat's @ss about themselves or their fellow pilots and just didn't pick up the phone, well John, even they aren't scabs.

You probably think anyone who doesn't see things your way is a scab, huh? It is exactly this mentality that turned a lot of the 65% of the pilot group against ALPA. John, YOU are part of the reason ALPA was turned down. Your closed-minded, insult slinging ignorance is an insult to the rest of ALPA and to all pilots.

You and I have agreed on a lot of things on this board, but you have this character flaw that I think you need to take a hard look at.

Fly safe.

-JP

I was very angry and slightly over served that night. But I still think that the SkyWest pilots who voted no need to be punished by the rest of the industry. At least some of you get it.

Peace.

I was very angry and slightly over served that night. But I still think that the SkyWest pilots who voted no need to be punished by the rest of the industry. At least some of you get it.

Peace.

Why JP?...... those pilots get it.... ALPA is failure and most intelligent people understand that...... Why don't we reform ALPA..... then people may actually WANT to join..... until then every election will fail....

Yep. History repeats itself. I have no doubt that they'll live to regret their decision.
just like we have the last 5 years with ASA? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha sorry ASA guys and gals

The Skywest pilot group has made their decision.

Its over and done with.

Let's all move the F on and deal with the current and upcoming contract negotiations faced by PNCL, RAH, and MAG...and let's all hope that Skywest pilots are able to participate in future pattern bargaining.
when has this "pattern baragining" worked out at a regional?

No, I'm pissed. Y'all just don't get it. You want to flip off the rest of the industry instead of getting on board, fine, prepare to live with the result of your actions. Scab.
the tresult being our happiness? enjoy your bitterness... while im on the beach on my 10 days off a month.. go alpa!

I know that, but they are still union..... If you want to convince non-union Skywest to go union, then you better show them that the union carriers have it much better..... That evidence simply isn't there and it is time for the ALPA cheerleaders to put down the pom-poms and pick up some reality.......
amen Brother!

Latest resources

Back